Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Sunday, September 9, 2012

WARNING: Graphic toddler content

   
     Warning!  The may be too graphic for some and cause undue stress so read with caution!  It could be very disturbing to most.  If you were looking for a nice little post with cute little pictures about darling children who always say yes ma'm and clean their rooms and do not hit their siblings, this is not only the wrong post for you, but probably the wrong blog.  We are a little TOO real here.


Wow!  I am tired!  DO NOT tell me I look tired.  I know this!  Tell me I look wonderful and thinner and younger so I can live in an unrealistic world for a few minutes before I realize you are just trying to be nice.

     The battle of the girls....and boy!  I must tell you there is nothing quite like being beat by 2 little girls over and over again. The surprise attacks are relentless. Maybe I am not willing to realize that these girls mean business and when I walk out of the room they pull out blueprints and fancy computers and make a plan that could rival war strategy.  For crying out loud, they weigh less than 30 lbs.  If you have twins younger than my NOT twins (they are 7 months apart and adopted)....please don't read this.  It could cause undue stress.  It would be best if you marched ahead in a state of toddler bliss just before the attack hits.
 Someone, whose name won't be mentioned dad left the closet door unlocked.  I found the girls in their matching raincoats with the bottom 3 rows of the shoes holder ripped to shreds.  The were holding curtain rods in their hands.  I have NO IDEA where those came from.  I told you they were devious!

     Maybe I should back up.  I won't go over every  detail, it's just too much for the average reader and could actually be very disturbing to others.  The first devious plan of these girls was to empty all drawers.  Keep in mind there are 3, count them 3 children in there and naively I stored a few more items I keep for foster care in this room.  NO MORE! Do you know how many drawers there are?  10!  They used to be organized and folded and neat.  They could have been in a magazine.

     The next plan of mine was just to dump the items all in helter skelter,  because I fooled myself into thinking this was training for them them to learn to clean up. Plus I now no longer care what it looks like in areas that are not open in public.... or any area for that matter.  Cloth diapers, pjs, shorts, boy or girls, skirts, baby monitors, stretchy headbands, panties, shirts, swim suits, socks, board books, shoes, diapers, swim diapers, snacks.  You get the point. This didn't work and I got tired of wading through clothes after bedtime and 2 naptimes.  We cleaned out!

      I went back to my original plan.  20 outfits per child and NO more.  4 pjs per child.  Shoes down to 4 for girls and 2 for boys.  Didn't work either.....now they go in the closet.  Shoes on a shoe rack and pjs in the shoes rack...clever idea from a friend.  Drawers are empty!  Illusions of neat little clothes in them.

     HELLO....they now go in the closet!  The sliding closets....they have locks on them.  Had to do that after I found one little girl on the top shelf throwing down clothes to the other little girl with sounds of joyful laughter echoing through the house!!!  Another clean out day!  Those items now reside on the top shelf of my oldest daughter's closet.  Sheets, extra blankets, stuffed animals......those actually got donated to CPS.  They bring us one at every event and I just keep giving them back.  I could have filled an entire bathroom to the ceiling with stuffed animals.  If you are looking for things to donate to foster kids, please DO NOT DONATE another stuffed animal!  Diapers would be good, but NO STUFFED ANIMALS no matter how cute and fluffy.  Give them to your dog.

     Now, the next attack came with pulling the blinds down, emptying 2 containers of wipes (yes, my husband makes 2 at a time, because we are SO SMART.....not).  Mattresses were completely upended in the room.  Toddler bed mattresses and the slats were everywhere.  Picture frames were tossed about with broken glass everywhere. To the untrained eye it would have looked like robbery, but I KNEW the REAL robbers and they aren't even 3 feet tall.  I AM THE VICTIM here.
Broken picture frame in attempt to have a cute little girls room.

     If you go into their room now, do not ask why the beds look so funny.  They are strapped down tightly with bungee cords causing them to bulge in weird places.  Yes there are locks everywhere and not a toy in sight.  The bookshelf contains 2 cloth cubbies.  One has a select few stuffed animals and baby dolls and the other has dilapidated board books.  There are NO TOYS.  Yes, you could think we are ONE OF THOSE foster homes.  It appears that way. No toys....poor little girls!  Do not feel sorry for these children!!! They have plenty of toys, they are just under lock and key and don't reside in their bedroom.  They do have diapers and clothes, they are just locked in their closet and the extra clothes I cleaned out are in the cute cloth cubbies that don't reside on the cute bookshelf any longer.  There is nothing CUTE about any of this.

     This is real  life.  If you wonder what I do in my spare time? What I do for a hobby?  Rest assured I am gearing up for the next battle.  I am sure it is coming.  Ceiling, walls, windows, locks....they are NO match for these little vixens!   I know I am no match for them either, but the battle rages!

Please consider leaving me a COMMENT to tell me how sorry you are or how you feel my pain, do not tell me you are laughing your head off or anything of that nature.  I would like to stay off of antidepressants at least one more day or try to keep from tipping the bottle....oops, too late.


10 comments:

kellym9999 said...

Love your blog....hilarious! We also foster and have six others as well. We have similiar chaos LOL

Steph said...

Can I tell you this post made me feel better??!! Our boys are 5, 3 1/2 and 23 months and when they get together (especially the younger 2) destruction occurs... devious destruction. We know your pain! Truly! Im thinking I like your plan of strapping the beds down.

Foster Mamalion said...

The bungee cords work...except for the lumps. We figured it was better than duct taping the children to the beds! That was a joke...CPS! Really!

Foster Mamalion said...

Wait....you have MORE than 6! We can only have 6 in Texas! I am NOT worthy! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Hugs for you for going through that. I have had some of those days during my daughter's toddler days. :)

Squirrel Journey said...

65Wow, It is such a relief to know I am not the only one to confiscate toys, cloths, books and anything else that can be tripped on, broken, thrown, or left outside for the dogs in an attempt to bring order back to our house. I have 5 boys: 9 yo, 8 yo, 7 yo twins, & an 8 week old. When you enter my boys rooms, all they have in there is there beds and empty dressers. I will occasionally lose my mind and think the I can't let them have things back and keep them off the floor, out of the hallway, or anywhere else. Haha, it's wishful thinking. I applaud your honesty and willingness to share your plight with other moms. Takes a strong women to raise kids so close together and stay sane. I look forward to reading more about you and your family. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I have never left a comment before, but this hit too close to home. I had 2 foster "psuedo" twins for almost 16 months. They joined forces at the tender age of 12 months at only 4 days apart in age. They continued to "wreck" havoc for the next 15 months. Oh, did I mention I also had actual twins age 2 at the time? Surely no-one wonders why there are no light bulbs in the light sockets, and all the curtains are nailed to the wall.

The Clevelands said...

I haven't been blog reading lately, but I wanted to let you know that you look younger, thinner and wonderful!! :)

Foster Mamalion said...

Bahaha...Laura!

Unknown said...

This cracks me up and takes me back almost 2 yrs in our fostering journey. We are a group home here in TEXAS, I have up to a total of 9 here at a time. The particular season this reminds me of is when we had 2 eight month olds, a 9 month old, 3 two yr olds & a 3 yr old with our 2 teenage boys here at home. Their rooms looked desolate! If You left a closet open for 10 minutes .... you were cleaning for hours to just find the floor and beds! We had to be creative bc of the critics,but we managed! The thought of 6 in diapers again at the SAME time, make me extremely grateful for them progressing through the various stages of life!