How do you defend your faith? Do you defend your faith? Is it a well-kept secret among your Christian friends? I admit to this so many times and I DO NOT like it. How many times has someone asked me the question, "Would you die for Christ?" Often I say to myself, oh I would still love him in my heart, but I could deny him in front of someone if need be to save my life. How could I say that? That is NOT good enough for my God. Most of the 12 disciples died horrific deaths for their savior and wouldn't have done it any other way because THEY knew who he was and what he had done for them. Am I willing to be that bold? Am I willing to always do the hard things? Am I willing to take a stand when others won't and when it is NOT the cool thing to do? Going to church is "cool" in the bible belt, wearing a cross is cool, following Christ and stepping out in unknown territory? That is for "other" people to do. It's the stuff we read about and say, "Wow, I could never do that?" Why not? Why can't we take a stand and really stand out? We want the American dream and we want things to be easy. I am talking about me here people! Don't get offended. We want convenience and we want the EASY button. Christ wants more from us than that. Christ deserves more than that from us! We want the perfect little family picture (hey....I am all about those family photos) and God wants holiness and sacrifice. It's just NOT easy. We read books like Radical, and Crazy Love and a ton of others and contemplate them and put them on the shelf. We seclude ourselves in our Christian groups and seldom step out to really go where Jesus would go. we listen when people say, "you need to learn your limits and say, "No" sometimes. I agree and I disagree. Maybe God wants us to say, "Yes". Maybe he wants us worn out for him. I think there are No's and I think there are times when we are worn and weary and the answer is still, "yes". Balance? Maybe. Where is the balance? I am NOT sure. Prayer is my balance and I even mess that up by listening to me and not to HIM.
Why do we stand back and take it when we are kicked down? This took prayer out of our schools and has allowed our government to run God out of there as well. Why won't we face Goliath? I want to bold enough to face Goliath. I want to not turn and run. I want to stand firm and yet I am not sure I have the faith of a mountain seed. God help my unbelief. Help my fear. Help my weakness. Let me stand strong to face whatever you want me to face for you and you alone.
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment