That is serious sweetness, I must say! Of course I am very partial! In the background is my older son with my other daughter. These children are forever children...no fosters (2 used to be fosters and 2 bios).
Last night we added another one. This has been the longest time between placements we have had. I cleaned closets, organized the shed....well, kind of....maybe only a little. We had hoped for an older child, but prayed that God would send just the one he intended. He did and he is right in there with our girls. It's busy! Diapers times 3. Our attempts at potty training Ky are just not working. Between the sensory issues some days it works and then other days not at all. We are trying not to push! I love changing diapers, apparently! Pictures that are non revealing will be coming soon. Sometimes it's hard to get just the right ones.
God knows just which children are supposed to be here and knew before they would arrive. As soon as one returns we begin praying for the next one. We pray for the family that is falling apart and the child. It is always a joy to see them for the first time. I love to sing the song to them that I posted on a previous post. "Before I knew your name...before I saw your eyes, your chin and your nose, before I counted your fingers and toes, I asked heaven for someone wonderful as you.." This is NOT the context that the song was written for and I DID NOT pray for them to be separated from their family, but I did pray for the next one who would come. This is a fallen world and there will always be another one needing a safe place to stay, if only for a little world. For today, this little one is mine and will love him as if I gave birth to him....if only for today.
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago







2 comments:
So how many children are you allowed by the DSS to foster? I'm sure it varies by state - I believe in my state you can only have 5 so because I already have 4 biological children I can only foster 1 (unless it's a sibling group which counts as 1). We haven't started the training yet so I'm sure I'll find out more then. We do have our initial in-home interview in 2 weeks so I'm exited and nervous. Thanks for all your posts
In Texas it seems to vary greatly. CPS (Child Protective Services), which has actually been changed to CFPS (Child and Family Protective Services) and yet no one calls it that.....they change the rules all the time. Our agency, Buckner sticks to the rules and only allows 6 total children. The only variation would be that there can't be TONS on little ones. We have 3 bio kids, 2 adopted and one space for one foster. On rare, and I do mean rare occasions they might allow a waver for a sibling group of 2 meaning we would have 7. That has NEVER happened with our agency, but they could do it. You can also become a group home, but that is complicated. We may consider it in the future, but not right now. We have 3 in diapers so that rules out too many more. LOL!
Post a Comment