I know, I know, we are crazy! This is something I already know. Now, tell me something I don't know! But..., in defense of our craziness it is OUR craziness and OUR choice because of God's VERY CALLING. Yes, I pulled the "God card". I will ALWAYS pull the "GOD card" because HE is everything! He really did call us to do this. why would we do this if it wasn't true???!!! If you have read my post about how we came into foster care, it was a journey that took many years. We did NOT come into it lightly. We were busy, we were tired, we were not equipped in any special way to take on 1 or 2 or 3 more kids, but God made it very clear what we were to do.
1. We had a list of things we were afraid of and the list was long,
2. we didn't want to go broke fostering,
3. we didn't want to upset our biological children.
4. We wanted to be able to go to the lake
5. and on vacation and run errands
6. and all the normal things that most people want.
We had NO idea what was about to happen!
You know what happened?........
GOD SHOWED UP!
The list of things we were afraid of? We faced them and now there is not much we wouldn't be
willing to face in the lines of a foster child. Yes, we will take some pretty tough ones, although we
have not been called to do that yet.
Money? We didn't go broke, friends provided and God multiplied our money somehow. (My
husband actually makes half what he did when we started fostering and we have twice the number
of children. Go figure! GOD!
Our biological children? They learned to help "the least of these" and have thrived as a result. Are
they perfect at this? No.
The lake? We have lots of life jackets and we just GO!
Vacation and errands? Well, let's just say, it takes LOTS of planning and is challenging, but certainly
not insurmountable.
We started doing things that were beyond us.....well, let's be real, NOT us, but GOD through us. He equipped us in ways we couldn't begin to explain. He just simply SHOWED UP!! In a BIG and awesome GOD sort of way! Now, for those of you thinking we are crazy. We are, but it is because of our crazy love for our Lord! For us and we are the ONLY ones we can speak for, he was asking us to be more and do more than just warm a pew, and go to bible study and pray. He just simply wanted more. For us, taking ONE more foster child IS HARD. It can be inconvenient and sometimes just down right challenging, BUT it keeps us on our knees for HIS strength to sustain us. Some people fast to pray about something in particular. I was never able to do it because of blood sugar issues. This is our way of fasting! The harder it is the more we focus on Christ. He is our strength and the only way we can manage. It is pure joy to serve like we are. Don't feel bad for us and please don't call us crazy unless you say we have a crazy love for our Savior. That is quite simply the REASON we do what we do! My Jesus is worth it!
"How lovely is
Your dwelling place
Oh Lord Almighty,
For my soul longs
And even faints
For You
Oh, here my heart
Is satisfied (is satisfied)
Within Your presence
I sing beneath
The shadow of
Your wings
Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts
Than thousands elsewhere!
(In the event you may have thought this post was in reference to the book, Crazy Love, it's not. I've never read it, BUT after having written this earlier today and letting a friend read it she referred to that book. I now have put it on my Kindle for FREE so I will check it out! I'll let you know more about the book later. Oh, how I LOVE to read)!
Oh how I love Jesus!
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






4 comments:
I know you're crazy but you were before you started fostering so....
As Eric says, When things are easy and go the "right" way, God does not get the glory; we do. That's not the way He intended. Let God keep shining through you!!
I needed this, thank you!
It was nice to run across your blog today. Found you on Pinterest! We are currently going through the process of getting our foster care license. We have three children of our own ages 7, 7, and 3 (+ two grown children). A lot of people think we are nuts for taking in more kids! God Bless you and your family...I am looking forward to this opportunity to grow closer to Him by depending on Him for my every need.
We were also called from our comfort zone to foster but it was a call I could not deny! Our lives have been blessed! So great to have found your blog!
Post a Comment