Friends
Our sweet little DJ will return to his mother this coming Monday. While we completely disagree with this situation of him returning basically on a "technicality" we must abide by the law. Reasons like this make you question so many things and why many people give up on fostering or refuse to get into it. THIS IS WHY our family will not get out. These precious ones need us if only for a little time. God does not promise tomorrow for any of us or for any of our children. This is a reality that hits very often in foster care, but God has called us and we will march on. I will NOT tell you that is gets easier with each one and yet I FEEL GOD'S HAND more and more each time. I do tend to get into a little mental rut, but God always sustains me. I am feeling that right now, but my GOD is so faithful. Please pray for our little guy and for his mom. She really wants to be a good mom, but has so little resources.
The good and bad situation is that she is to return to her aunt and uncles home in Oklahoma. This is at least stable and allow her to get back on her feet away from the drama that is surrounding her. We pray her success and pray with all of our might.
There's another one coming....another one needs us...God knows and right now, more than likely a family is falling apart. Pray for them. We never know when the call will come, but eventually it will. We move forward. This weekend is busy so that will help, but pray for us as we pack his bag and hug him and love him one last time.
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






1 comment:
I just found your blog through Pinterest. I feel blessed to have found it!
My husband and I were foster parents, and we adopted the last three children that we fostered. As a multiracial family, we got lots of attention and questions everywhere we went.
I remember my pain the last time that DFS came to pick up a foster child to return him to his birth family. When you love a child, you can't just flip a "reset" switch to get ready for the next child. Especially when you KNOW that the placement is NOT in the child's best interests.
Anyway, just know that I am praying for your family. Seriously.
If you want a peek at MY family, stop by for a visit to my blog! My husband passed away August 2010, but you can celebrate his life with me by watching a JOYOUS 3-minute video here (watch it full-screen to get the full "effect"): http://www.homeschoolmomchronicles.com/a-video-tribute-to-my-husband.html
Want to meet the twins? Look for the 4-minute video titled "Twin Blessings" on THIS page: http://www.homeschoolmomchronicles.com/videos.html
I haven't finished the video for my oldest boy yet. :(
I'm going to get caught up reading your blog! In the meantime, I pray that you find peace in the shadow of His wings.
Julia
Post a Comment