


Mighty K has left. As soon as I know a little one is leaving my mind floods with things to blog. How they came to us, sweet things they do Washing and packing clothes, loving on them even more and allowing myself to mourn. This comes in stages and continues for a while. It's not always a completely sad mourning...it's also joy for the time we've had together, for what they have brought to our family that can never be erased, happiness in their journey home or to family. Yes, there's a hole. There's always a hole, but the great news is that God just expands our heart. They take a little with them and God gives us more heart to work with and on we journey. It's hard to believe that since we were liscensed last July we have had 4 placements and tonight, well, this morning will bring us our 5th. We would not have believed we would be here if you asked us a year ago. Not sure what we thought, but we wouldn't have been able to give an answer. It has been an unbelievable venture and one I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. God is so very faithful! It is busy and crazy and wild most of the time and I can't imagine it any other way...because the joy is just incredible.
Colin really took Mighty K's leaving pretty hard. He really loved that big guy and he was his playmate. He cried for quite a while after he left. We found a picture of the 2 of them and gave it to him so he could see it when he thought of him. The picture is now almost worn out. We'll have to frame another one for him. He also carried around the game piece from Shoots and Ladders that is a little boy with an afro...it looks like him he said. That piece sits right here by my computer waiting for Colin to pick it up and smile. He says he is happy that he is with his grandparents now, but he just misses him. Now I am awake at 3:00 awaiting Baby P. She is 3 months old and has a cleft palette. That is all I know. That may be all I know and that is okay. I am praying for her and her caseworker who is driving here giving of his time in the middle of the night to provide a safe place for this little one who has no idea what is going on. I am praying for her mom and dad and whatever situation they are in. I can't imagine being in that predicament. It's really quiet in the middle of the night. Sometimes I like that....right now I feel like I hear a baby cry...a heart breaking....a dream falling apart, but God doesn't rest. He knows and he is carrying those who hurt. Goodnight. I'll post pics tomorrow....maybe.






1 comment:
Yeah, another girl! It amazes me to watch how God moves through you guys' family!! Awesome stuff!! Cannot wait to meet her!
Post a Comment