We knew it would be coming soon, but it is always TOO soon. It was supposed to be a couple of weeks, but they wanted to bring them all together sooner. This is the RIGHT thing to do. This is what we push for even if it means sadness for us. Colin really took it hard. He cried for quite a while and still has his moments. We got out a picture of the 2 of them and he carries it around with him along with the "little playing piece" from Shoots and Ladders that looks like Mighty K. It is quiet...very quiet. Disturbingly quiet. I didn't realize how much I don't like quiet! I will get rest, that's for sure, but who needs rest? I'm having too much fun to rest! We missed a newborn by an hour....I'm not sure I wanted to know that. I am happy to know that the baby did get to go with another Buckner family. It has been a busy week for Buckner, according to our caseworker, Kay. We have not even had time to take our "bets" on how long? what age? and what sex? Caroline said 5 days, girl and under a year. Caroline won last time....she was one day off, exact age, but wrong sex. I think she will always say "girl". We have had more boys. The 3 day old was a boy straight from the hospital. Locke says 3 days, 13 month old girl. Will see....I'm still thinking. I might not have time....I think my phone is ringing. LOL
2 comments:
Sorry to see 'Betty' go! You guys are such a blessing to these children and I know they are a blessing to you as well. Can't wait to meet then next little one that comes into your life!
I was totally off last time, but I'm going to guess anyway:)
how long till SHE comes:7 days
how old:2 weeks
Post a Comment