If you want to read an amazing blog please see my blog list and read Kisses from Katie. I am not sure how I found out about this blog, but it is a treasure. It is about a young woman serving in Uganda. You need to find the part on how she was called to Uganda. She is only around 21. She is amazing. It will touch your heart more than you can begin to fathom. It also has been watering a seed that I am not sure how it will grow. I have always been curious about Africa and have always wanted to go on a mission trip there. Now between this blog and Buckner's work in Ethiopia I am just praying (actually we) what our part can be in this. Is it to pray for these orphanages and the workers involved, is it to go on a mission trip there (Buckner is going this summer...they go twice a year and have group homes there for orphans)....it is beyond expensive and Locke is still unemployed? Is there more? I just don't know. I just know that God is stirring my heart in ways I can't begin to explain. Haiti is still on my mind and what the future is going to look like for those children as well. So much to pray for.
Please also pray for our next door neighbor. He has been battling cancer for a few months and now told Locke that he has been given 6 months at best. He is slightly older than we are and we are not convinced he is a believer. Our hearts are burdened for him, his wife, his children. I am also burdened for a young man that is a friend of our friends that has cancer as well. He has young children. I have never met this couple, but through this friend connection and the fact that our foster child is wearing some of their child's outgrown clothes, I am forever connected to them and my heart cries out for them. I could go on and on about needs, but right now my heart in on these and these orphans and our role. One more... my friend and her ex husband. He is terrorizing her and there is not an end in site. She is out of money for attorney fees (the one today ask for $15K up front and told her it would be around $50K before it's over). WOW! She needs strength and encouragement and rest. Her children may never recover from this. Father, cover these who are suffering. Love them and hold them in your strong arms. If it is your will, please carry them away from this suffering and let a miracle occur. Help those around them show them great love!
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment