Sorry I waited to post that last one... I actually posted it and then took it off. I sometimes "think" myself out of a post. I say that I am an open book for anyone to view and my intention is to be transparent, but then I hide behind my thoughts and dreams and rants. More has come to light since I wrote this. For one...I was passing quickly through posts on FB and one caught my eye from a friend I grew up with in Tyler. He gave up a great career to go back to seminary and become a pastor because God called him to do so. He is now serving at a Bible church in Tyler. Anyway... his post was about a series of sermons on adoptions...as in our adoption through Christ and adoption as we know it by adding another non biological child to our family. I clicked on it... now the funny part about this is 2 fold. First, I had prayed that morning to get some clarity on Ethiopia and what was in store and if I should truly still continue to pray or was this just a passing "thing" to fill my brain. I just wanted God to write in the sky. I didn't need to know EXACTLY was He wanted, but IF he still wanted me to pray about Ethiopia and what our part as a family could be. The second part was that this was the 2nd post that my friend made on the subject, but I missed the first one in my quick scan...coincidence? I don't think so. The one I missed was about an adoption in China. The one I clicked on was about ....yes, you guessed it, Ethiopia. The couple was great and their interview on Youtube was wonderful. They left this Sunday for Ethiopia to pick up their 6 month old son. Their blog is...waitingononemoreknight.blogspot.com. They have 3 children. It was confirmation to me that God was "writing in the sky". Not the message of, yes I want you to adopt from Ethiopia, BUT I want you to keep praying about what I have in store for you and your family. I press on.
From there I found the site 147 Orphans and what a joy it was. Another great realization was that this site is connected with Katie...the same one I mentioned. They have shirts and necklaces and attire that supports the tribe that Katie lovingly supports in Uganda... the tribe is in absolute poverty. They now make necklaces to raise money for their families. Katie has been responsible for much of this. What an incredible impact for Christ she has made. I am so blessed by reading about her and what she is doing. What this group is doing. What do you want me to do Lord? If it is to just continue loving our Longview "social orphans" (what foster children are often referred as) then I will follow your lead. If you want more, I will follow. If it is to drag my family to Ethiopia to serve as house parents in a Children's home, then I will follow. Whatever it is direct our steps.... all of OUR steps since we are a team... Team Curfman. I may be willing, but there are children involved and I feel like they would need to feel called too. They have felt the call of us being a foster family. Sometimes they are overwhelmed by it all, but they always agree that it was the right decision and we are blessed beyond measure as a result.
Right now...today, my heart is heavy for my sweet "other half". He is hurting. 2 1/2 months without a job can be draining. He feels lost and he carries the weight of his family and our finances. God always provides and He has not once let us down and he won't this time. He may take us places we don't want to go, but being in HIS will is greater than any loss we suffer here. He will carry us through. I just want the love of my life to know that he is worthy and he is still our fearless leader and we will be okay. Love him through this and help him to see where YOU want him to be.... spiritually as well as in a job. The job will come.
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






1 comment:
Kara - I love your heart and passion. We will continue to pray for decisions that may lie ahead for your family and for Locke. Thanks for sharing your thoughts
Post a Comment