Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Monday, February 22, 2010

Buckner dinner

The Buckner dinner was really nice. It was not near as well attended as I expected it to be, but I know people are busy and some are just not comfortable with sitters. I highly recommend to all parents, especially foster parents to find a suitable sitter and use her! This is good advice so take it. I know good ones can be hard to find, but it is worth it for you to be able to have some time just as a couple. I know, I know... you miss them and worry about them. So do I, but you still need some time as a couple. Now I'll step off my soap box. Food was great. It was First Baptist which has a really nice dining hall. We did get to see some couples we have met before and met some new ones we have heard about. We always enjoy being around the staff of Buckner. They are encouraging and caring and truly want to help in any way possible. They don't have quite the same load as CPS, but their load is completely different and they carry our pain and struggles with us. I am glad we chose them as our agency. It's nice to know they are right here in Longview and it is nice to know how important they filled called to fulfill their mission to take care of the "least of these". Mark Hays referred to foster children as social orphans and that would be a very adequate title in many ways. There are so few willing to take the risk to love and then return that they need becomes greater every day. There are loads of adoptive parents and few foster parents. our only fear is that we will max out with children and not be able to foster any longer. God will make a way if he sees fit for us to continue. For now we have enough love and enough room to continue loving these special children. They are so worth it...even the loss of them. Our heart just grows to love again. I wish we had started this so many years agao. Think of the years we have lost. I only have today so I will make it a wonderful day in God's loving arms. "Better is one day in his courts, better is one day in his house, better is one day in his courts than thousands else where".

No comments: