Well, it has begun and yes, I have taken pics... now if I can just get them posted. I threw away all of the bathtub toys. Now I know it wasn't my shower curtain liner that smelled like mildew,but the toys and I think that was MOLD, not mildew. Eewww! And to think I was washing that liner periodically AND buying new ones constantly. I also cleaned out most of my guest bath cabinets. Good and bad thing..... good thing? There are LOADS of cabinets in that bath. Bad thing.... there are loads of cabinets to clean out. I got rid of 3 sets of tired, old sheets (thank goodness my mom doesn't read this, she would faint and the mere thought that someone could keep sheets for longer that 6 months). Old curtains that were ugly when I took them down. Don't know what the thought was there. Loads of just, well, just junk. I will be sure and photograph it all individually in case someone wants to shop at my junk garage sale. I have considered selling things to raise money for therapy.... no that's not it, for Legacy, a ministry for Foster and Adopt Families and I am also going to be cataloging what I donate just so I will know that all this cleaning is for something and so I can write it off on my taxes. Have you seen the amount of money they give you credit for on your junk? It's amazing, but I'll take it. I'll even have pics to prove it IRS. Now, where was I? Oh yeah, in the box of dog medicines back from 2005. Oh brother, and I thought I was pretty good at this cleaning thing. There were at least 8 scripts.
Now to address the stockpiling issue. Yes, I do that... not intentionally in junk, but in "drug type" items like shampoo, etc. Since I got into the couponing group (if you can call it that) I have finally caught on to one thing. #1 When Evelyn says you can get shampoo for free or for under .40 she is not kidding as long as you are not brand specific. This is not an area I am brand specific in. I have had several hair dressers tell me that shampoos,for the most part have one difference.... price. Either pay for it or don't, but you're getting the same basic thing. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but it worked for me and I went for cheap. Well, in April I set out to determine if Evelyn was crazy. Turns out, she is NOT. I bought enough shampoo and conditioner to last from April until now (actually I have more shampoo, I just ran out of conditioner). I never paid more than .40 each. Yippee. I did however, have to have room to store it. More on this later and I work on the method of saving money and having room for it as well. You can go TOO far.
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment