Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Would you like some cheese to go with that WHINE?

So, where do I go from here?

Brief overview...Saturday basketball...dear friends motivated me to pray for Haiti and even more for the orphans and what part I can do in that effort. Don't know what that is, but prayer is the best start I have to give.

Friday was not a good day and that will be revealed later when I can actually stomach it. For now I am just "breathing" in the words of Superchick.

I don't mind rain sometimes, but right now I can't decide if it's my friend or my foe.

Loading in for the 2nd round of weight loss. Don't know if I am up for it, but I just HAVE TO BE.

Bunko at my house Tuesday and I haven't even been part of the group in a long time now. What to cook? I think I have an idea, but will everyone like it?

Small group? Can't go there either right now. Just can't seem to plan anything. Need to.

I am terrified of home-schooling high school. I feel inadequate. I don't want to do anything else. My kids are different, our lives are different and FOR US that is better (DO NOT misunderstand me.... FOR US. It is NOT BETTER for everyone else. That is why God created individuals and not clones. Don't go there and take what I said the wrong way)!

Lack motivation for my cleaning out, but I won't let the steam die down. I have a smallish good start. It is a daily battle for all of us moms. One that I am sure will never end unless we learn our lesson and just let "junk lie". It is SUCK a perfect example of why the BIG BANG theory could never have worked. My garage is proof!

God is good all the time! I can cling to that. He knows exactly what He is doing and doesn't need me to re-direct Him or tell Him what to do. I have relied on Him with fostering, why am I having trouble right now with the "faith" thing. Why is is easier in some things and not in others. Why do I choose to give him pockets of things and others I hold on to? I am good in some places and then in other places I am SO very weak.

2 comments:

Mikki said...

Kara, my heart is so with the orphans of Haiti as that was where my heart first led me to adoption! I would love to learn of a way to help other than just prayer. It has even crossed my mind that maybe our next family member may be waiting for us in Haiti. Only God knows and I will try my best to allow Him to be the leader of that. Please call me for all the chaos you spewed out in your post. I am so there right along with you! The thoughts of homeschooling high school, being organized, taking care of all the kids, and finding the time/energy for extras like care group, myself, etc.....Be still and let God. It is easy to give him some things but it is human nature to try and hang onto other things. We just need to be reminded that when we hand it over to Him (everything) over and over again....all goes much smoother! I love you!

Laura said...

Kara,

Me too! We just started our paperwork with Buckner but what about all of those babies left in Haiti? We have two girls at our school that are from Haiti and were telling me about how AWFUL orphanages are there. If you find anything out, let me know!!

About stress! I feel it too! I have 4 more months until I am done with my "outside of the home job"! I can not wait to be back home again but I am nervous about 5th grade. High school scares me to death. But... you are blessed with a wonderful son that will do well no matter how you decided to handle high school!

I miss you guys so much! Can't wait to be back among my HSing friends! I miss and need all of the support that is given!!