Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Okay, well I disappeared. Not sure why my adoring fans didn't come looking for me. It was a tough battle getting free from all that laundry, but somehow I managed. Now I am trying to get back on track with blogging. I have a challenge for myself. One I do all the time with some results, temporarily. Oh well, I'll try again. I read about a woman who was blogging and going through her house getting rid of half of everything. Yes, half. I am NOT that ambitious and if truth be told she didn't do half either, but the thought was there and the goal was good (blog was boring, but the pics were good... she could have gotten rid of more than 1/2). I will make a guess of 1/4 to 1/3 of the areas I tackle. Still a little ambitious. I am a cross between a comlete OCD gal and a packrat.... you just never know where you will need a good thingamabob and I want to be the one to supply it for you. I will try to store it in a nice matching box that is labeled... the OCD arrives. Oh my goodness, I actually worte this down and admitted it. This is big. I am on the road to recovery.

Tonight I emptied 1/4 of the bottle of wine and 1/4 of my son's left over Chic fila. I'm doing good so far. Just kidding! You know it's not true if it didn't involve chocolate. I did, however, get rid of over half of my inbox in the office. Wow, that felt good. I did the same with the bulletin board in there as well. I am working on the shelves, but that will take time. I am a firm believer that you must take everything out of a room to truly clean out! Believe me, it works! Right now I just can't do that so I am tackling the more obvious things before I actually empty the room and we have to move out to move around. This is going to be a challenge since we are adding children to our family and that means MORE stuff, but I have had my first born and now believe an old shoe is just fine as a teether. The natives are restless so I must go after them and get them into bed. Locke is sitting in a luxury hotel in downtown Dallas resting after a delicious 5 course meal at a training seminar. So what are you doing?

2 comments:

The Clevelands said...

When husbands travel on business, it's just not right! I think all the mom's need to go to Dallas for a 5 course meal!

And, what am I doing?? Spending way too much time on the computer. I think that's called procrastinating - I have a mound of laundry to do. I'm hoping it will jump in the machine itself!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

I am winding down from a great evening with friends. Girl, I had no idea Locke was out of town. I would have brought you food tonight! or some brownies to go with your wine!