Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Little lost one...

Sometimes things work out and sometimes they don't. We don't always get the see the entire picture. In fact most of the time we don't. That is okay (most days) because we live by faith and not by sight. Today we were called about a possible placement. It was on and off again more times than I can tell you in just a few short hours. This is common in foster care and we have come to expect it in our short time in this journey. First Buckner needed to give us the details and make sure we would accept because it was more than likely going to be a tough one. Lots of losses in the little boy's life and we would be the ones to help "unpack" this baggage. The load is heavy. He has been in and out of 4 or 5 homes since April and several of them are family. We agreed having heard all the details and knowing full well that this would change our lives in more ways than we could even count, but we were willing and the kids were willing. In the end, Buckner refused the placement to protect us. They were not told everything up front and the risks outweighed everything else. Now, we don't know where he sleeps tonight, but we do know that he does not feel secure, that he does not trust and does not know love and security. Our heart reaches out to him in the only way it can.... by prayer. By prayer of our faithful friends who pray when we cry out for them to... they carry the burden with us and for that we are grateful more than we can voice. I only have a few followers on my blog, mainly of my own choosing, but they are faithful and I feel a closeness to them and their support that I will not ever be able to explain. God placed them on my little list and he will add as he chooses. I love you dear friends and I thank you for your words of encouragement and prayers for these little ones, even ones we will never know and yet yearn for. Now I rest and pray. You will be prayed for little one and friends in blog world as well. There are little ones waiting for some of you. Maybe they are out there now and maybe they are yet to be born or maybe they are just out there for you to pray for. I will pray for your future and for their future and for God to carry you through your journey, whatever it may be. Jesus, carry my dear friends and their journeys and carry this little one tonight. Hold him tight. He has no where else to turn. 3 years old is so young to know such pain. Carry him.

1 comment:

The Clevelands said...

I'm honored to be one of your blog friends (and your real world frien as well!). We'll continue to pray for this little one and the new one you have now!