Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rambling overview...

So much to post, so little time.

7lbs down so far. I am amazed at how I am truly NOT hungry, BUT I miss eating....everything in site, ya know?! I can do this! You would think if you weren't hungry then you wouldn't want to eat, but eating is more than just about hunger. If only it could work on my brain. I will keep plodding along.

Tuesday was an educational day to say the least. I can't go into to much, but I will hit the highlights: 1. I met A's parents in their counseling session. I have never taken him, his CPS caseworker does, but this time she couldn't I planned to arrive early and leave, but the counselor asked me to stay. It was awkward at first and then it got easier. I cannot begin to tell you what I saw. I saw a mom who is broken and aches for her children (one has been adopted and they will never see him again, one is in care like A, but with a different family). I see a dad who has issues and has a skewed view of parenting that is not age appropriate, but I think he may (I say this cautiously) be able to grow past this. I feel compassion towards them and yet I am protective of this little boy who is and will continue to be a strong willed child. This will give them a run for their money and I worry about their legalistic view of parenting for him. It will crush him and yet that really isn't a CPS issue, that is personal choice, just not my choice for my children or for him. I think that will borderline on neglect and mental abuse. Okay, I am crossing lines here so I will end here. 2. When I left after picking him up I had baby K in the sling hidden and A in a stroller. There was a young woman in the waiting room and she asks how old my baby is. I tell her 6 weeks. She promptly tells me her baby will turn 2 months tomorrow. At this point the hair on the back on my neck stands on end because I know that baby K will actually turn 2 months tomorrow as well. This worn out looking, drug worn, very young woman takes out her cell phone to show me a picture of her baby. Low and behold, it was baby K. There I stood in front of her holding her baby close enough that she could have touched her. It was a little shocking. I quickly acknowledged the pic and got out of there fast.

Well, we survived getting new carpet in the house while still attempting to do school on Monday. Ann, came and rocked babies while I put rooms back in order and she even did laundry! What a joy she was. I couldn't have done it without her. It was overwhelming, but I admit it is worth it. We love it. The kids rooms have never been replaced since moving in 8 years ago and the game-room just needed neutral carpet and not the green anymore. Our bedroom was replaced with this carpet just a couple of years ago so we left it. It is a little more worn, but with a cleaning I don't think you will notice. It is separated by a hall with tile.

Today, shots and checkout for A with K with me. He screamed the whole time. No uncommon for him. He just screams a lot. We're used to it, I just hope his parents can get used to it.

1 comment:

Mikki said...

I cannot believe u saw K's mom!!! What a small world!! I have a friend living at the shelter right now and had seen her with Baby K. You will have to call me or email me. Well, we need to get together. So sad that people struggle so badly to grow up and fly right when they already have begun a family of their own. =(