30 mins to drink a bottle
15 to do a breathing treatment (this reves him BIG TIME)
20 mins to sit with Diamond to make sure she is nursing the puppies (she is pulling back unless I sit
with her)
Repeat every 3 to 4 hours. All that takes one hour if I'm lucky! No wonder I can't get anything done.
Night time: "A "goes to bed around 8:30ish. I go at 11:00ish
He wakes at 1 ish and cries until around 4 (I let him, sleeping in and out kind of, listening to his breathing for wheezing). 4 (bottle and breathing treatment). Done by 5 ish.
Now, it's morning, kind of and yet I am not fully functional to really make a dent in the things I am behind on. Can't sleep either because" A" is reved and either crying ro talking loudly (this makes me laugh).
Do it all again daily. This has been going on now for almost 2 weeks. Locke is out of town so there is no one to take my turn in this nighttime frenzy. I am tired, but God hears my cry and will fill the gaps. "A" is wheezing so badly, but his cough is better. Where is the balance? Praise the Lord that we understand wheezing here at our house. God knew what HE was doing when He placed Him here....take care of the least of these.... if you love ME feed my sheep.
Breathing treatments are an interesting dance. I hold him in front of me and criscross my arms to hold his arms or he will pull the face mask off. He screams and flails and we dance all the more. After about 5 mins he calms down and stops crying (most of the time), but doesn't give up the struggle to free his arms to try to get at the tubes.
He's screaming again right beside me as I type. This makes his wheezing worse. He is wound up with no knowledge of what to do with this energy from the meds. You would think that he would wear out, but this is not the case because it is induced by the meds. Sleep will NOT come. Not during the night and NOT during the day. Maybe I should take some of these meds. Hum...
Why am I posting this? I truly do not know. I am not unhappy.... tired... no, exhausted, but joyful in the task that God has given me. Tomorrow is another day.... oh, it is tomorrow.
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






2 comments:
Just catching up on some blogging! I'll be praying for you. Not that you need reinforcement, but you are doing a wonderful thing!
You crack me up!! I hate that "A" is having these issues. Cullen really struggled with asthma/breathing issues when he was little. He has for the most part grown out of all of it. I pray this for "A". Now I am ready to meet Miss "C" or was it "K"...long day, cannot remember. Well, my day wasn't as long as yours probably...LOL Get good sleep when you can! Whenever that will be...LOL
Post a Comment