Well, what a week can reveal. We are settling in with baby "A", but it has not been easy at every turn. He cries .... a LOT.... like most of the time he is awake. Okay, maybe not most, but lots. He's screaming right now. I bounced and rocked and sang and then my eardrum popped (not literally) and I had to set him down for a few minutes. Of course the monitor is sitting right beside me so I can hear him. I feel so bad for him. He will comfort IF you give him a bottle... well I think that is exactly what was done before and we have to break that. He wants to eat about every 2 hours. We are pushing it with him at 3 and then he goes at the bottle as if he hasn't had a meal in a long time which obviously isn't true. It could be the reflux, but he's on medicine and today he has had Tylenol. Locke is on his way to the store to get some meds for the diaper rash which is actually getting better. I never thought this would be easy, but when they said he was a fussy baby they weren't kidding. He has staying power much like Caroline did. I'm glad this is NOT my first rodeo. It's still hard though. Just wondering how well school will go when we start part time next week. Good thing we're easing in. Oh boy. He is still screaming at the top of his lungs. Pray for his hearing on the 18th. The fact that he is so fussy is not a good combination for his parents to get him back..... you know??? I'm thinking that would not be good for him or them.
2 comments:
Thankful that 'A' has you guys to care for him! We'll pray for his fussiness and patience for all of you!
Hang in there Kara! You know God gave him to you for a specific reason! It breaks my heart to see the effects of neglectful parenting! You and Locke are the perfect foster parents for him!
Post a Comment