Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Monday, July 20, 2009

Disappointment

Too tired to be posting and yet heart is too heavy to go to bed. This may take editing later. How do you move past profound disappointments? How do you lose a friend gracefully that you were just starting to develop? By you, I really mean me. It is so hard to take HARD BLOWS. I want to just quit and hide and yet God calls me to stand in the face of adversity. It's so hard when that face is a Christian friend. My heart is SO into this drama camp, but I know all too well that you can't please everyone... some kids will be hurt and parents too.... some will be hurt when they truly don't even realize that their part is better than they think. They come in with expectations as well as their parents, that are unrealistic. We do our best... we really do. We wrap ourselves around their little hearts and try to do our best. What many don't realize is how dramatic the script changed. They have already determined who has the best part and how they are going to be that part. Well, we need all parts filled. Please Lord don't let me want to quit drama camp forever because of this. I love the kids too much and watching them develop. Why people have to have their way or no way is beyond me. Is that the way to teach a child? Help me to clear out any wrong thoughts or deeds from my mind NOW. Help me to confess all sin to you and start with a clean slate each day. Help me to discern how to "lose a friend" gracefully. I can't remain friends with these kind of actions going on constantly and this is NOT the first rodeo, but I do like her. I need positive friends who strive for excellence through the power of God and YET are human and can laugh at that about themselves or ourselves as a group. I need to get past this. I need to cry, but need sleep more. God, help me sleep to face these children and adults who need me tomorrow. Help me to be encouraging and loving to each one. Encourage their hearts as well! I love them all! I care about them all.

3 comments:

Laura said...

My heart goes out to you!! I am sorry that people behave badly! We all need to experience and give more grace! That is my theme this year!! GRACE in all things!!

I will be praying for you!! You do a fantastic job with the kids at camp! We love it and I pray that you don't get to discouraged to continue!!

We love you Kara!!

The Clevelands said...

I'll be praying for you Kara! Although we haven't been, I know you do a fantasic job at the drama camp and all should be thankful for the opportunity to learn. Keep the faith and I'll be praying that the rest of the week goes smoothly and that God gives you wisdom and grace in how you handle everything!

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

I am lifting you up in my prayers right now. You are an amazing gift to these childrens lives and even though Grayson is not there ,I hear and see what a gift you have been.

Keep faithful in knowing that the lord needs you here.