Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A day in the life...

Exhaustion.... absolute and all consuming. I cannot move... at all. I don't know if I am sick or mentally just tired. I don't like feelings like this. I like to know what is wrong. I know that I don't have the time or patience for this. I have Drama Camp at church next week and not only do I have lots more to do to get ready for it, I still have a family including our 20 year old nephew, a stray toy poodle dog that I will eventually call our own, a "stud" dog here to breed with our Goldendoodle Diamond and a weekend trip planned to Lafayette to help prepare Locke's dad's house for sale. This will be emotional for everyone. Okay, now I am just tired writing that.... hum. Oh yeah, we get our license this week for foster care. Don't you know we'll probably get a call in the middle of the night right before drama camp!!! Oh I just have to laugh or I would simply cry and not stop. Yesterday was such a great day. Productive and filled with lots of activities. We made more strawberry jam from the strawberries we picked earlier in the month and made a great crock pot meal that was a new recipe. Caroline had a great day at Swim Team and Drew, my brother's son and Caleb had fun spending the night and then we met Gran in Kilgore to send them back to Tyler for more fun. AFter that the Drama Team worked on the script. We are trucking along and hopefully will get done very soon. Yesterday was when I started this exhausting feeling. Oh yeah... and we took our house off the market. More on that later when I can process it. Actually you will be able to read that post when I finally publish it. It came long before this one. Confusing... sorry to chase that rabbit. Maybe my mind and body are just DONE. Problem.... too many people are depending on me NOT to be DONE! Why do I always seem to be on a ferris wheel right now. I can so see God working in ways that are completely unexpected and yet I feel like I can't get off the ferris wheel. I am sure there are not any ferris wheels in heaven. Thank you, God, for the conversations about adoption and foster care yesterday. Thank you for new friends and for those feeling comfortable enough to share pain. I pray for healing and understanding and joy even in sorrow for those who need it. You know who I mean God. You were there. Thank you for sharing those things with me and help me to do whatever I can to love these women in this journey. Energy, I really need energy!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am sorry that you are so crazy...oh I mean crazy busy!!

We love you and I miss seeing you!! I will next week at camp though!!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

It will get better...maybe, LOL

I cannot believe that you may get a foster child so soon. It's surreal.