Well, it's been a while. So much to do and so little time. Sitting at the computer all day is just not for me so I avoid it until I need a rest and then I sit and write, or read or respond or contemplate. We are ALMOST there.... almost ready to have a foster child or baby in our home. Looks like it will be this summer. We are very excited about it. The kids are just overjoyed and want to "go shopping". Why is that the automatic response to new things.... "Ooooh, we need to go shopping!" I say, "Let the Lord provide" and we get what people give to us or sell us used. This is not always very exciting to them. We still need a car seat and stroller AND a pack n play with bassinet. AT the moment Jaime at Fellowship said we could borrow one from the nursery if we need to because they don't use them. See.... the Lord will provide. That car seat/stroller will come too. Hopefully in time. I have to get to Tyler to get the baby bed as well.
Now the house being on the market is a little bit of an issue... we are hoping it's not a snag, just a road bump. Obviously, Buckner has evaluated our home, we've had fire inspections, health inspections.... all around inspections and it would be best not to send them or us on the goose chase again. Honestly, I don't expect the house to sell quickly. It was on the market for a year and a half until October of this past year and nothing and now the market is no better UNLESS you are giving your home away, which we are not. If God intends for us to move He will make a way, if not we are happy here, just wanting more room to expand for these precious children. The fact of the matter is we are fine here just a tighter fit than we would wish. We certainly love our house and neighborhood and location. We just pray for God's complete will and direction. IF it is an issue with Buckner, then it will come off the market. Simple.
This week is VBS at our church. It has been a great time for all of us. Last week was tennis camp for the kids. We opted not to do any camps this year due to costs and then this email came about a tennis camp at Pine Tree. It was $10 each for 5 days 9 t0 12. I couldn't believe it. Needless to say they all 3 went and loved it.
Now, to the news I don't want to write and to be honest, I won't write much. I just don't want to dwell on this right now because it is so heacy for all of us. Locke is in Lafayette right now with his siblings minus Corbet (the oldest). His dad has not woken up since he arrived at noon. We are praying he will wake up and see all of them one more time. Of course, in the back of my mind I pray he just simply gets better and lives many more years, but that is the optimist in me. I don't know what more to say, but that we love him and can't picture life without him.
Well, this post is a rambler, with not much more than just plain facts, but there you are. An update. Hopefully I will update our strawberry picking and jam making soon. You rock Laura Cleveland!
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






2 comments:
Thanks for the update! We will be praying for Locke's dad!!
Oh - you are the one who rocks! I can't wait to meet that new little baby! And we'll be praying for Locke's dad. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment