The summer dashes on... What happened to "lazy days of summer"? They aren't lazy from where I am looking. The seem to pick up speed. We do hit a lot of fun activities, but there are so many friends left unseen with good intentions to do something about it. Errands seem to take longer.... heat, maybe? 101 yesterday with a heat index of.... oh never mind. I can't even write that. Today I woke up feeling bad again. This all started last Friday... sore throat, but no fever, cold, allergies? Who knows. I thought it was gone, but it reared it's ugly head last night and is still with me today. I picked up Caroline from a "slumber party" for Jessica's birthday and she is not feeling well either. Maybe too much "party food". Hers is more stomach and maybe a little "party letdown, I'm sleepy". Colin is almost croupy sounding if that is a diagnosis. Since he has been hospitalized with croup before, we definitely have names for the various stages of sounds. It hasn't slowed him down. Anyway.... I was planning on hitting the re-sale shops on that side of town, looking for... whatever.... mainly an infant carrier/stroller that won't break the bank. We only made it to one, but I did find a Bumbo seat and everything there was half off so I got it for $5. Score. I was also going to hit the mall (Aghast... I hate the mall, but Caroline loves it so it would be tolerable), but no such luck, she just wanted to go home. In the middle of our nothing rest of the day, Caleb came running into the house saying for me to come quick. Those are not words a mom wants to hear, but since the other 2 kids were right in front of me I knew it couldn't be too bad.... hopefully the mover was not on fire (he was mowing the yard). A huge water main had broken up the street and sent an unbelievable amount of water rushing down the street. In fact, so much that the street was bubbled up and the grass inthe neighbor's yard was lifted at least a foot off the ground. It was pouring over the curbs and the current could easily knock you down if you weren't prepared for it. Well, even though I wanted to ignore it an dgo back inside, I had to go and get the kids after calling the water company. Even Caroline came running. The spent the next little while riding wave boards down the street with our neighbor Robert. It was a hoot! What a way to cool off. Who need Splash Kingdom. Of course, about 30 minutes later the harsh reality hit us as the water was turned off, no more rushing water and no more running water for us. Fortunately I did run in a fill up the tubs and a pitcher so we would have something. There is no telling how long we will be without water. If the amount of time it took for them to figure out how to turn it off is any indication, we may have to take a vacation.
1 comment:
I hope Caroline is feeling better. She said this morning she didn't feel good - I'm sure it wasn't the sugar loaded cupcake at 10:00 at night!!?? Jessica had a great time - She was so glad that Caroline could come!
Post a Comment