Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rambler.... where she stops nobody knows.

I forget to blog about things are on our hearts daily so here it is in one blog. One thing we are so excited about: Our garden! We so wanted a fantastic garden, but it became too overwhelming to figure out where in our yard. We have so many fabulous trees that sun is hard to come by (which is a fab thing in July and August. Just driving in our driveway during those months is a break from the soaring temperatures. Anyway... we decided on pots and a strip right by our fence to grow green beans up the fence. That would work. Our sweet neighbors the Morelands got their garden underway in the dogrun at their house. The use the dog run to keep the dog OUT. Too bad it doesn't work for the rabbits. They then assured us that there was plenty of room for us. I was overjoyed and jumped right in. Grant even prepared it for us!! We headed out to Horaneys and came back with loads of stuff. Green beans climbing their fence (we still some climbling our picket fence too at our house), tomatos, lots of squash, bell pepper, and loads of purple hull peas! I told the kids to plant a row to add to my half row and then planted 2 rows. We will have enought peas to feed all our friends. I have fond memories of sitting on my grandmother's front porch swing, the same one that now sits on MY front porch, shelling peas. We will do the same thing with the Morelands. I can't wait. The Morelands also have onions (they are yummy), broccoli, potatoes, strawberries (if we can figure out how to keep the doves from eating them), lettuce and a few other things. It is quite an undertaking. I am so excited. I am also excited to have such great new neighbors. That is a whole other story for another day.
We have very bittersweet news. Our next door neighbor's house has sold. We have beenpraying for it to sell, but yet we would like to go back and have our neighbors back. Donnie Jones passed away 4 months ago today. His health was not good, but he seemed to be better and even got down on the floor for Caleb to take a picture of he and his wife Madeline in front of the Christmas tree with his new camera on Christmas Day (can you say, "run on sentence"?) She movedin with her borther almost immediately. We miss seeing their sweet faces over the fence as they spend time in their beautfiul backyard. We do want new neighbors and yet not being with Donnie and Madeline is difficult. I can hear their laughter and see them carefully and lovingly tend to the flowers in their backyard. It is hard to let them go. We pray for a new relationship with another family that will honor the love and joy and light of Jesus that was reflected in the lives of this sweet couple. Donnie doesn't miss us... he is restored toperfect health, but we are human and we long to be with him again.
Colin is a hoot! Any of you who know him know this to be true. He is a joy to homeschool and jsut fun to be around. The hard part is anwering all of his many questions. They are often over my head. Where does he come up with these things? He can't wait to have a new child in our home through foster care and yet I wonder if he really knows what this will mean for him. He will still have a place in my lap to read and cuddle like he does so often. I'm addicted to that more than chocolate so I can't let it go. He is smart and funny and creative. He loves to love!
I will try to write more about each child in the posts to come. Notice, I said, "posts" to come and not "days". Who knows when I will blog again. I am not a regular. I just get on adn off with no consistency and then sometimes have posts like this one that go on forever. Okay... I'm done. God is good and I am blessed beyond measure on the good days and the bad! Praise be to God for his loving kindness!

1 comment:

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Loved reading this post Kara, I will trade you some strawberries for some purple hull peas my dear:D. I too have such a fond memory of doing this with my Mamaw in Rayville La. sittin on her front porch swing:D