Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Twice in one day! Laura, are you proud?!! I really went all out today... I blog stalked and everything. I grocery shopped... my least favorite thing and then cooked and cooked thanks to Stacey Neal's recipes. I was planning on doing Chicken Pot Pie so I just went with hers instead of one I found on the internet. Results tomorrow. It's steak tonight. I got a super deal at Kroger on the "good stuff" so my sweet, sick (I might add) hubby is out in the pouring and I mean pouring down rain to get the steaks off the grill... they were on there before it hit! The grill is covered, but not by much. Yummy, mashed potatoes, french bread, salad and a great cut of steak. I also made homemade granola snacks in cupcake pans. They didn't stick together very well in the beginning, but as the sat out they "set up" better (that's a word my grandmother used... I hope I used it correctly). Speaking of my grandmother....We are getting so excited about making strawberry jam again this year. Last year we picked until we were sunburned and stooped over for a week, but didn't make near enough for all of our friends.... this year we're tripling our efforts. The kitchen will be a wreck since it is a consuming effort, but oh my goodness is it good! Boy, am I on the food thing. Now, I have chicken noodle soup to make ahead and a few other things, but I may wait until tomorrow. My oven now needs to be cleaned and I like doing that even less than grocery shopping. self cleaning? That is a joke.... climb on your hands and knees and then attempt to crawl inside to scrape every bit out (well, I do scrape, but then I get my rainbow in there and suck up all the powder). Not tonight. I have lesson plans to do, calculate the remainder of the year, attempt to get our camping group to work out some dates for camping (I think we're the hold outs, actually... it's just been so busy), plan more foster parenting classes based on what's available and where and plan on what curriculum to look for at the upcoming sales. Locke is going with me to the convention this year. He will go crazy, which is why I will be the only one with the means to purchase. He collects books, or at least he attempts to. One word, Locke... paperbackswap (thank you Laura Hill for sharing this site with me... I have weeded out many books). Time to get back to cooking.

2 comments:

The Clevelands said...

I am proud of you - twice in one day (I'm assuming I'm the Laura!). Hey, when you go strawberry picking, let me know. It seems to be earlier here than up north and I've missed it last year! Hope you enjoyed your steaks!

Laura said...

No, I am THE Laura, right Kara? hee-hee

Steve went with me to the fair last year and DID go crazy. We bought a lot more books that we had planned! But it is so much fun to see your hubby's reaction to all of the unique homeschoolers...take you camera!!