skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Rose Cottage and Foster Care
I found this little recipe on a delightful blog called Rose Cottage. I found this linked to someone else and just enjoyed reading entries like a great book. This family is in the process of adopting through the foster care system like we are (we are also willing to just foster if the need is there... either way is fine with us)and it was a joy to read. She is very eloquent, which is something I am not. I may quote her from time to time. They are further along in the process, but we are getting there class by class and paperwork trail, but paperwork trail. We are going through Buckner. For one reason: I was adopted through Buckner; their organization if based on Christian values; their classes fit our schedule as best as one can fit in extra stuff with 3 kids. They are wonderful and caring and ready to bless anyone who comes in their doors. I can't say enough about the crew with Buckner here in Longview. They make a difference in someone's life every day. More on this subject as the days go by.
RECIPE FOR PRESERVING CHILDREN
Take 1 large grassy field
1/2 dozen children (all sizes)
3 small dogs
1 narrow strip of brook (pebbly if possible)
Mix children with dogs and empty into field,stirring continually. Sprinkle field with flowers.Pour brook over pebbles. Cover all with a deep blue sky and bake in hot sun.
When all the children are well browned they may be removed from field. Will be found just right for setting away to cool in the bathtub.
1 comment:
You are definitely on a roll, girl - I'll be expecting something every day now!!
On a more serious note, all your talk of foster to adopt has me pondering the idea! I'm just not sure I'm ready to take that leap yet!
Post a Comment