Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Carnival Cruise to Cozumel - Feb 26- March 2

Well, a cruise is definitely worth taking. I am so sad that I waited this long to go. I want to go every year! It is SOOO worth the money! Everyone really told the truth about the food. It was out 24 hours a day and fabulous! I am having a hard time not being waited on and having food at my beck and call.

Wow! Everything went really well (except Lissa Dowden feeling bad the last day). We loaded ALL of our stuff in Lissa's SUV and headed on our way (Of course we had to alternate who road on top). We arrived at the perfect time to board the ship. Once on board we found that our room was on the same floor as the Lobby and close to everything. We unpacked and wandered to the pool area and got hamburgers while watching the ship depart. The hamburgers were delicious. We didn't have dinner until 8:15 so we toured the boat and the shops, etc. and went to the show at 7:00. The next day was spent eating, and eating and laying out some on the deck above the pool. Boy, was there a lot of skin. The next day we entered sunny Mexico! The water was UNBELIEVABLE! I have never seen water that was so turquiose! We arrived a little bit late so we boarded our big catamaran just in time. Laura Hampton Jones and I snorkeled and it was incredible. The water was cold when we entered it, but we got used to it right away and really enjoyed the fish. I hope the pics turned out great from Laura's water camera. After we snorkeled we went on to a beach and just stayed in the sun for an hour... floated...played on the water toys or ate.... eating was a big part of this trip. After we road the waves back in we "power shopped" in Cozumel (little shopping area at the pier)because of our limited time. It was not what I expected. It was very nice and "American". The shops were great, but not indicative of Mexico... even though the goods were the same. I wish I had more money and more time. I wanted to buy so much! Alas, the time ran out and we headed back down the long pier to the boat. The Fantasy out of New Orleans was tooting its big horn as we walked up. It was quite cool. Laura and Lissa's mom, Mary & Lissa and Lissa's daughter Rebekah went into town to just shop and had a blast. Frances went to an unbelievable beach and just hung out in the sun! The next day proved to be an unbelievably rough day at sea. We had to hold on to something to stay standing and a big portion of the boat was NOT well. We tried to go outside to watch the ice carving, but it was too cold and windy so we got tattoos and took a nap! More eating was involved as well. The ship was beautiful and full of activities. We went to a jewelry seminar and art seminar and all kinds of shows. I want to go back again and again!


The TO DIE FOR DESSERT was Chocolate Melting Cake and they gave us the recipe. It will take a little math to figure out, but it will be worth it. Here it is as they gave it to us! LOL
70 lbs Semi Sweet Chocolate
70 lbs Butter
700 fresh eggs
18 lbs sugar
25 lbs flour

Melt chocolate & butter; mix half egg & sugar & whisk for a few minutes then add flour. Add the balance of eggs; add egg mixture in the ramekin cups; bake directly in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 to 20 mins.; serve with vanilla ice cream in 2 oz. ramekin cups. Garnish: sweet chocolate, chocolate run out (see step for making run out... we didn't get these so I will look them up on the internet); powdered sugar. The top was a tiny bit crusty and covered with powdered sugar. OH MY GOODNESS!

3 comments:

The Clevelands said...

What fun! I'm sure you could just make that dessert as is - sell it at the consignment sale!!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

So, can you put those in Aimee terms? You know me and math!

It sounds like a blast!! I am so happy you got to go!

Dedra said...

tatoos?