God is my rock! Mondays are always hard no matter how hard I try to make them something different, but God teaches me many things during difficult days. Many times these things are negative about me and I crawl back into HIS arms and let Him lead me and stop leading myself. I fail at that many days... most days. Today was much better. I had to "check" myself a few times, but God is so faithful. Yesterday's disappoinment is gone and I am amazed. Caroline usually holds on to things, but she has let it go and understands that LAYERED CLOTHING NIGHT is just a night of fun (I hope.... that is the lesson she learned). Hooray! Milestones! Now if we can just get math under control.... ha. Just kidding. Colin did great today with the exception that he seemed to forget how to count quarters and began arguing once again that they are counted by 5's. He got realy beligerent and I had to bring out the "manipulatives" to show him. He then put them together and counted and laughed and said, "Ooops, I forgot.... I was counting by 5's. Well.... yeah.... now that you are finished with that fit. We moved on quickly and got into reading. I love to hear little ones read! During my pregnancy with Colin the highlight of my day was for Caleb to get ome fro school and read to me in 1st grade. I was in so much pain all day and to see him burst through the door with so much excitement and joy was just well worth the long day to wait for. He would pull out whatever book he was reading and sit and read for a little while. He would then come back after dinner and do the same. I kept me going during those difficult days. Now hearing Colin read and just coming full circle from that. I can't believe time has passed and we are to that point. If only we could just read for hours on end. I think I would drop everything and do it! Well... let's see, Caroline read lots of her Science to me today and then Colin read his Pathways, Caleb read some of his writing and now in a few minutes we will read together. I guess I did get in quite a bit of reading in today. Too bad it had to be laced with laundry and cleaning too. Let's give up chores for reading and live in a dirty house with dirty clothes! Well, maybe not. On to laundry.
2 comments:
girl, Abi can't even count money that well yet. I get thrilled when she knows a quarter is a quarter. Andrew insisted that is reading was his Awana book today; Abi threw a massive fit over reading because she could not pronounce the word "white"; and I just was not in the mood. And your daughter reads her own science?! You go girl! I figure we will hit that next year. This is his first year with "real textbooks" (yes, I am one of those homeschooling mommies) so we are taking it easy. I read it to him for now. You put lots of pressure on yourself. Your kids are doing great!! They could blow those CHS students out of the water. ;-) Oh and I will get that email out soon!
She doesn't always read her own Science. We sometimes trade off page for page or at least I listen while she reads. You have to remember this is the child who reads everything. IT is just her!!!
Fits are just about every day with her. Something is just TOO HARD. Whah! COlin just loses it when he thinks he is right. He can't be right about everything like me. HA!
Post a Comment