Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby Steps

9 lbs, maybe 10. I did eat dessert at Bunko, but I didn't make chocolate so it was much easier to let it go after the party and let my family enjoy it. I seem to be really hungry this week so it is hard to cut those portions. It is just a change that needs to stick. Just because it's there doesn't mean I HAVE to eat it. Now repeat that 20 times away from the kitchen!

We just spent some time today at our next door neighbor's house helping her pack some. I don't feel like I did much, but I know every little bit helps. She gave us loads of stuff and refused to take "no" for an answer. Just odds and ends here and there, but so many of them will remind us so much of the two of them. Her husband, Donnie died the 28th of December and Madeline will now move in with her brother and his wife and will be near her family. I cannot tell you how much we will miss her (and him). My kids adore them both and getting used to them not being there will be a diificult transition. They gave us some things from their back yard which will be a treasure because they lived in their backyard. They had re-done it and it was truly a sanctuary. Our driveway connects to it so the kidsw were always peeking over or around the fence. We are praying now for the right family to buy the house. The house has so much history. It was her parents and both families were involved in ministry in a mighty way. You can truly feel the presence of GOD in that home. We would love to buy it for that mere fact if we could. Madeline is a joy from morning to night. She looks like Miss America on a bad day and is never without a smile. I will miss seeing her so much. Okay, enough of that.

1 comment:

The Clevelands said...

Good job on the weight loss! Keep it up. I'm sorry about your neighbor. That's tough when you lose someone you care about and they are a neighbor as well.