Now I have to write about this weekend and yet I hesitate because this feels like bragging about my children and truly it is "journaling", to borrow a scrapbooking term.
Caroline started basketball this winter and has been quite excited about it. She loves sports and does well in just about all she does. Well, they have had 3 practices and Alex Stanton has done a great job preparing them for their first game. January 10th Locke and I divided and conquered by him going with Colin to Upwards b-ball at First Baptist from 8:15 to 9:15 and I headed to the church to pick up Caleb from Scary Movie Night AND then off to the game at 9:00 at Forest Park. I love to watch young kids at sport games. They are just so fun! Well.... Caroline was in her element. She actually looked she she totally knew what was going on, having not ever played before. She made the first 2 scores and I was floored. I immediately told Caleb to call his dad and tell him to get here as soon as Colin's practice was over. She was really working hard! She passed, sometimes to the wind, but she did pass and she blocked like a maniac. The last score she made was a true layup. We went wild! Afterwards we asked her what she was doing and how she did that and she just shrugged and said, "I was close to the goal and knew I had to go for it somehow. I had no idea it would go in." We were very proud! The entire team did very well and worked together throughout the whole game. Way to coach, Alex!
Now on to Colin. I was very hesitant to home-school Colin this year. Not because of him, but because of me. I was just afraid of his age. He also kept asking for "real" school so the summer was in turmoil until one day he told me he didn't want to go to school. That was it, the turning point and he never looked back. I have to say, he has been pure joy! He loves to "do school". Not that we don't have tough days, but honestly not many! He is excited about his books and reading and learning. In fact, somehow I miscalculated his math and have been giving him way too many pages. I figured this out in December, but he now refuses to do less. He will finish his math curriculum for Kindergarten in Feb. and will start 1st grade. Not that I think he is a math wiz or anything. He just really enjoys it. I love this as a mom and as a teacher. It makes the challenging parts of my days easier to bear. He is truly fun to work with. His excitement is contagious even for his siblings!
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






3 comments:
Yay for a good weekend for mom!! Awesome! Love those moments!!
Yeah - sounds like a fun weekend and keep on braggin' on your kids! I wish I would have thought to sign Eric up for basketball!
It is hilarious! Of course Eric is tall.... Colin is a munchkin very far away for the hoop. Hilarious, I tell ya!
Post a Comment