Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Nothing short of a miracle!

  Spring 2014

  A few years ago I became the proud owner of a suburban.  Why?  I had finally gotten a RED mini van after years of saying, "If I must drive a momma wagon, at least let it be the color of a sports car" and my dear sweet husband found one for me.  Why must I go to the suburban, that doesn't have remote sliding doors and a remote back?  One that doesn't have middle captains chairs and take stepping up to step in?  Sometimes God orchestrates miracles in the middle of every day life.  We bought a boat from this man and he offered the suburban to pull the boat.  My husband declined saying we had a truck that would pull it.  He offered it again and told him the price would be RIGHT.  My husband assured it wouldn't be right until he told him the price.  This caused my husband to pause. It seemed really cheap.  He left and consulted a friend who assured him it was worth looking into.  Both men drove back to see the Suburban and our friend confirmed that it was in great shape and he was offering it at half the blue book....the price went down yet again while they were talking.  My husband drove home in a nice, green,  loaded suburban...I'm talking leather and heated seats, just like my van!  This would allow us to add yet another foster child if the call came....and it did.

    The suburban didn't take long to get used to....although I will always miss sliding doors, it does hold large double strollers, 3 or 4 folding chairs and any extra things we can think of to add to the back.  Now we are rocking along with hubby driving the van, back and forth to work 30 minutes one way.  Gas is high, people.  We just kept thinking it was nice to have a back up car, something to carry almost all of us.  We never used the van for that purpose though.

     We began looking at budget and decided we should look for something smaller.  The thought of selling and searching for something else did not appeal to us.  We just didn't have time to deal with it and we wanted an even trade.  We own all of our cars and didn't want to add a payment.  This would be complicated.  I opted to post on Facebook what we were looking for and that we might be selling our van sometime soon as well.  I didn't expect anything....I just posted.  Shortly thereafter, a friend posted that they were indeed looking for a van and had what we were looking for.  A trade?  I didn't really ask for a trade, although that was on my mind.  Now we had to determine the values of our vehicles.  I was sure they wouldn't match up.  Too simple. Oh how God laughs at me sometimes...okay, he laughs at me often.  We sent our blue book value to them and they were stunned to reveal that theirs was right there too.  Next, we looked at each vehicle and decided this was nothing short of God's provision.  We both wanted to honor God with our budgets and yet needed something different.  Their family was growing and my husband needed a car with better gas mileage to drive to work.  We said goodbye to my beautiful red van...yes, vans can be beautiful when they provide you with just what you need for your family.  A corvette doesn't hold carseats...just saying.  It was perfect for both families!  Thank you, Jesus for orchestrating such a wonderful blessing!!  You are always there to provide for us in the big and small things.

No comments: