School is a bit bi-polar around here. I am not poking at a mental disorder, but stating it like it is. We have one all set in college, 2 attempting to settle into home school, 2 headed to brick and mortar school in Pre K and K and another one starting MDO. It has been a wild 4 weeks as we adjust. Home school started first, while we prepared for our college son to head off to school, the younger girls started school as well as MDO, then oldest made his way to college. It was about as chaotic as it sounds. There have been some rough days and some great days, some crazy routines and some wonderful progress. This week is settling in nicely, but then again, we do have a day and a half left AND one of my home schooled kiddos just argued with me about the challenges of his day. Blah.... Here are some photos to share.
On our way!
Trying to feel confident.
Mrs. Taylor
Not so sure about mommy leaving.
"I can do this, mom"
After school smiles!
No one touches the symbol....not even you!
It's a family effort.
Ah....
Final pics and hugs.
and more. As my husband said, "It's time to fly." You're ready for this.
3 comments:
Thank you for posting REAL life with adoption. I have a beautiful adopted daughter from Russia who also has Fetal Alcohol Effect. Life is getting better but there are definitely difficult days, very difficult days that leave me on my knees praying for wisdom beyond anything I've ever known. We are learning together how to deal and heal from the things that plague her, the fear and anger that seem to be her constant companions. She is learning, growing, and maturing but the process can be very hard on the whole family and leave us tired and weary some days and joyous and celebrating victories the other days. Three steps forward and one step back WILL get you where you want to go, just a bit slower. Thanks again for being honest and transparent. I have feared having the police called while I held a daughter who completely lost it in anger in public. It is not a fun place to be.
Where are you from?? I see the LA Tech emblem on the ground. I am in Monroe. I have one adopted boy from foster care and reopening my home this month after a long break.
Post a Comment