Why is it so hard to finish blog posts? Why do I have 5 that are almost done and NOT published.....? Could be 6 kids. Could be crummy at best internet. Could be life. Seems like I have to chase so many things and then not a single one is truly done to the best of my ability. How do I choose which to let go and which must be done with everything I have? Do I do that? Do I have a mental priority list? I think I do, but that is a subject for more reflection. Seems to be a theme right now.
Our 5th day of Lent and we are not doing so great. We ended up with a detour. We are still trucking along, but our daily things are not getting done and then we are making them up on another day. Makes me realize HOW HARD the 7 times to pray a day was for Jen Hatmaker in 7. Our first 5 days are fairly simple. We chose clothes...basically just cleaning out. Doesn't take much time since this is an area we try to keep at a certain level anyway. Why are we behind? Do we catch up on Sunday when that is supposedly a day of rest for us? Oh boy! Where is my council.
The Detour is me being diagnosed with Shingles. Fun stuff. Makes me feel old and frail and pathetic. It is for people with weak immune systems or several other things. I do not have a weak immune system so I take offense to this. I know it is a lesson to SLOW down because I don't have a choice. A fast pace makes it worse. I HURT! My Doterra Oils are a life savor. Majoram is totally knocking the pain down! I am NOT sure what I would do without it! Just a quick spray and I am feeling much betterYou must check out http://www.mydoterra.com/karacurfman/ These oils are rocking our world! We have been so much healthier since we started using them. They are such a blessing!
The detour part is that I have had to shut down quite a bit. I am directing from the sidelines and doing as much as I can when I do feel decent. The house is A WRECK! How does this happen so quickly? It is proof that the Big Bang Theory could NEVER have worked!
For those keeping up with Paris. Our big one year appointment for her at Children's was this past week on the first day of Lent. She is getting scheduled for T tubes (AKA permanent tubes...although they are not truly permanent just longer last than the others). Too much fluid behind the ears causing all kinds of problems....hearing loss, constand running nose...... She is also more than likely looking at another cleft palate surgery. She still has no consonants other that M and N and has a raspy nasal voice which are indicators that her palate is too short therefore causing proper speech to be near impossible. We are on the "wait and see" approach for 6 months, because she will not tolerate the type of tests that they need to do to verify this and they don't want to just guess. They will attempt a test in 6 months. If it doesn't go well and speech is about the same, surgery will be scheduled. She is trying SO hard to communicate. We are beefing up sign language to give her more tools to talk. She is so bright and picks it up easily!
On another note, Colin's hearing is worse than before his 2nd ear surgery. We are devastated and waiting to hear from the surgeon as to what he thinks went wrong. Colin does NOT want surgery again and would prefer a hearing aid. There is a chance that the "donor bone" rolled. If this is the case it is minor to repair. We will do that one surgery, but nothing more. Colin is DONE WITH SURGERIES.
Praying you have a blessed day of worship with your families and friends while I am home resting! I am being fed wooden food by Kylie. She is cooking a "picnic" for me (those are her words). She also dressed herself in a pj top....fancy ruffled skirt and dirty hoodie with pink sparky shoes. The girl has style! Where is my camera??!!
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment