Okay, there is much more to discuss here with regards to the 7 areas mentioned in the book 7. WHY or WHY do I make things so complicated??? Keep reading..... These must be considered in the journey, at least for me. Maybe I am just preaching to the choir here, who knows. With regards to the "clean out" thing. This is an area of great discussion at our house all the time. I am a split personality on this one. One second I am frantically cleaning out and next moment I am storing STUFF. Where does this end? This is an area for me to really dig into to find the deeper issue. It is NOT truly a stretch for me to give away 7 things a day for a month just like it would be PURE joy to only wear 7 things for the month. Then again I also could be turned into the show What Not To Wear. I think in order for these things to truly be in search of God they must be a bit of a stretch, therefore I MUST find things to part with that are hard to part with and wear things that are hard to wear or at least contemplate them (that might mean NOT wearing sweats.....now THAT would be a challenge). In other words, if it's easy there is nothing gained from it. No pain, no gain...right?
Do you see the point? If I took this as the law and duplicated it, I would not get the same results as you are Jen Hatmaker, and it would be a bit legalistic....for ME. I must find balance and use it as she intended, much as a FAST, therefore focusing on Christ in the process. It also needs to stretch me, not be something I do and pat myself on the back for (well, then again, if it stretches me, I MIGHT pat myself on the back for surviving). Through this I am learning some things about myself that I don't like. God is revealing weaknesses that I refused to see before because I was too busy patting myself on the back for the things I do RIGHT. In other words I was picking and choosing and not leading a truly balanced life of stretching myself for HIM in certain areas. I will get into those and expose them as time goes on. This is for me to really chew on and maybe for you as well. Who knows, maybe you'll read this and think to yourself that I am INSANE and you are doing much better than you thought! Either way we learn something, right?
Okay, onto the food one...well I have merely avoided that one all together. Warning: Area of Weakness (I will justify and justify and that is nothing more than refusal to submit to Christ with my weight, health, and desire to eat what I want, when I want it). I don't want to have to think about food and that is because I don't want to give anything up. On the flip side of that coin, I also don't enjoy my weight. This is a problem because loosing weight and not wanting to give any foods up can't work together. Something has to give. There is not an EASY button on this one.
Media....TV is not a reality here so I don't have anything to give up. Facebook, well, yes. Phone? I don't use the phone too much during school hours with the exception of making the million appointments I have to for the kids....or I should say, leaving the million messages that never get returned. I will, however, take a good hared look at this to be sure because I could be justifying all over again. Fun stuff. Blog...well you can tell by how many posts I've made lately, this is a non issue. I know there must be areas to grow in here and I will strip them all away to see just where the holes are. Ouch...could be interesting and sure to be revealing.
I just have to find the areas of weakness that are of greater need and then those that I DO NOT think are.....have an honest look at them and see for sure. I am sure I can find holes. I am sure there are problems. The great problem is that I don't appear to want to address them. This is where it falls apart and this book has laid it bare in the open. I DO NOT WANT TO ADDRESS AREAS OF WEAKNESS. This is not going to be easy.
On a good note...baby steps...I have had NOTHING but water for 5 full days. PEOPLE...this is BIG for me. I hope by posting this I am not being a Pharisee. Oh yikes, I think I am. Rats. Another area I must work on. I do want to share this journey and the struggles, but don't want to stand here and cheer for myself. I have a LONG way to go, no doubt.
Goodbye Track Lighting… Hello Recessed Lights
-
Yesterday the electrician came by to take down the 10 million sets of track
lighting over at Bird Cottage. It was EVERYWHERE!!! And so very outdated
and ...
7 hours ago






No comments:
Post a Comment