Well, I had to go and do it! I posted on Facebook about anyone wanting to start another cooking group. Not because I want to cook more, but I have friends that want to do this! Now, the pressure is on for me to clean up my blog in the area of cooking. Some recipes are a mess in terms of how they look and others need more info. I also want to rate how hard they are to throw together. You can NOT have difficult recipes or at least not more than one. Okay, girls, I'm working on it. Post any questions on anything weird you see! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Check outwww.freezermealsforus.blogspot.com
She has a ROCKIN' site with lots of yumminess and shockingly enough she invited little ole me to guest blog this month! I hope I don't send her audience packing!
Ah, another cook is done. Shocking, but we cooked tonight...on a Tuesday night. Can you believe it? Weird. There were NO dates available at our church that we could all do. We wanted to cook so by "cracky" we went for a Tuesday night.
We also had a sub. Laura was in the group before so she was a pro. Our Super Shopper Girl was gone so I did the spread sheet and our 2nd shopper did ALL of the shopping. I was worried about my spread sheet....there were a few errors, but nothing insurmountable. We got an extra meal of pork chops and a few other items so that was a bit of a bonus. This cook costs a bit more at $10.55 a meal cooked for a family of 8. Meat prices keep rising and rising! We like to keep it just around $1 a person, but we are a tad above that. Keep in mind, we have several recipes with liquor (almost all mine...not sure what this says about me..whiskey, beer and wine....oh my). We also do fresh for as many things as we can to stay away from too many processed things. We also have steak and salmon!
This cook was a hard one for me. We usually try to limit ourselves to only one harder recipe a cook. I had 3. I cooked the salmon which has lots of ingredients and steps, a Tex mex Steak recipe that includes a veggie with it with lots of ingredients AND Whiskey Burgers that have to have the sauce cooked the same night and cooled. I don't know what I as thinking. Caroline (not my daughter) finished her recipes at 8 (she started at 5) and took over some of mine. When we do a week night we don't always arrive at the same time depending on when husband's can take over. I couldn't make it until about 5:40 so the others were already there. Once we all get together we stop and pray and get crackin'!
We were done at 9:30. That is REALLY fast. We all had a child helper with us (all were 12) and that has cut out an hour or more!!! They gather ingredients, wash dishes, empty the trash cans when they get full, which is often and take finished baggies to the counter top. We go at top speed. This is both good and bad. We will sometimes get the wrong ingredients. One person tonight took 2 out of 4 bags of Taco Seasoning when she should have had 4 bags of another similar seasoning....the ingredients were almost identical so we agreed to mix the 2 and go with it. We also bought WAY too many carrots because a recipe had a typo in it and says 21 carrots instead of 2.
More tomorrow.....stay tuned!
Jackpot!
-
Yesterday I went for a walk and found a roll of blue duct tape on the side
of the road. So of course I picked it up and brought it home. Wouldn’t you?
I ...
5 days ago






2 comments:
Thanks for letting me sub! It was such a blessing with a new little one! And... so much fun too! Love you girls!!
I saw your comment on "i must be trippin' " and clicked over to your blog. You have such a beautiful family!! I was home schooled and my family was (is) a foster/adoptive family too. I am excited to read more of your blog : )
Have a great week!
Post a Comment