Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Returning Foster Children to the Unknown

      This is the nitty gritty.  This is the one catch that keeps MOST people from moving forward and stepping out on faith to become a foster home.  Do you know, it's the one reason YOU SHOULD do it.  If not you, then who?  You will hear me say this over and over again.  If you aren't foster parenting, how is?  Do you have a friend who is?  Do YOU know someone in your church?  Have you met someone?  Then who is and are they doing it for the children?  Are they loving those children with everything they have like you would?  They are THOSE people who could just give those kids back without a moments thought.  Or so you think.  There are bad foster homes.  Yes, I said it.  It's true, so then why not you?  Are the kids not worth you getting your heart broken?  Do they not need you if only for a little while to show them true love, how to tie their shoe, how to sit at a table and pray before a meal?  Are you promised more than today with your children now if you have any?  Life is fragile and every day counts.  I want to live my life without regrets.  I want to do something that matters, maybe no one will ever know I did it, but I want it to count for my Jesus.  How do I give them back and not fall apart?

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  Matthew 6:27  This does not mean I don't morn or cry and ask why, but it does mean that I place this precious child at my Father's feet.  That is where he/she needs to be anyway.  I give him/her completely to a loving God.  I let him carry my load!  I also clean like crazy....it's what I do when stressed.  Currently, I have begun working on my little girl's closet, I have done lots of laundry and even matched up lots of wayward socks.  I am doing my paperwork to finish up this placement and should be done very soon.  I am grading  schoolwork for my kids and....well, you get the point.  I will take a hot bath and each chocolate and maybe even have a glass of red wine.  Not in any certain order.  I will swing on my front porch and work on getting my garden ready.  I will play hard with my children and we will laugh and cry and laugh some more.
     Please consider what God would have you do!  I get attached.  We all get attached.  We DO NOT let go of them easily, but they need us and they need you too!  Did you know that in our area, 4 young children ranging from 2 to 8 were left in a homeless shelter with staff for 4 months because they had no open homes to take them.  They didn't have a routine or any one particular person to take care of them.  They were just a part of the place like a cat might be.  That is sad!  You can blame CPS if you want to, BUT there were no homes.  That means that YOU didn't step up.  Pray, pray and then pray some more.  God might just be calling YOU!


Contact me if you are interested.  I will be there for you.  I will walk with you along this road.  I will cry and laugh with you too!


*I am the RISEN ONE who shines upon you always. You worship a living Deity, not some idolatrous, man-made image.  Your relationship with Me is meant to be vibrant and challenging, as I invade more and more areas of your life.  Do not fear change, for I am making you a new creation, with old things passing away and new things continually on the horizon.  When you cling to old ways and sameness, you resist MY work within you.  I want you to embrace all that I am doing in your life, finding your security in Me alone. (security is in being able to control what happens to these children....you don't get to choose)
    Is is easy to make an idol of routine, finding security within the boundaries you build around your life.  Although each day contains twenty-four hours, every single one presents a unique set of cirucumstances.  Don't try to force-fit today into yesterday's mold.  Instead, ask ME to open  your eyes, so you can find all I have prepared for you in this precious day of Life.

     *Taken from Jesus Calling.  If you do not have this book, I highly recommend it.  Every day is packed full of incredible truths straight from the Bible!  




     * DJ left an hour ago and my mourning process continues (it began when I found out he was leaving).  God has this precious child in HIS hands.  I release him to my Father who loves him more than I ever could.  Another one is coming. Somewhere out there is another precious child that will change our lives forever.  We are ready for whatever God has planned for us.  Walking willingly into the unknown...not in our routine, not secure in our self made little life, but in the loving arms of Jesus.  Pray for the next one for us!
Since he is no longer a foster child, I am sharing a picture.  I still cannot reveal his name.

3 comments:

Maura said...

hardest part of foster care for sure!

Amanda said...

How amazing to have found your blog! I pinned it thinking it was just a recipe and found so much more. My husband and I are looking into fostering or adoption. We have 4 children ages 1-6 and one who requires 4-5 weekly speech/OT sessions. Fostering is a scary thought with adding so many more appointments (we also homeschool). But we also want to provide love and an opportunity to learn about Christ - do you have any thoughts to share as we look into it?

Foster Mamalion said...

Amanda
There are so many thoughts I have to share with you. Some of them you can read on my blog. Fostering is hard, no doubt, but I cannot imagine going back and NOT choosing to do it. God has blessed our family in ways I cannot describe. He has shown my children things I could have never shown them. Yes, there are appointments and therapy, etc. but it is worth it. Home schooling for us is now different and we have really learned to be flexible, but we have a set of guidelines we go by and do our best to keep within those even with placements. It will change your life, although it was break your heart for children, families our government and for Jesus who looks down with tears every day. Find a private agency near you and go to an information meeting. You can then glean information and then pray about what God wants your family to do.