I have just fallen off of bloggy land. Truly. I have not a moment! I do put updates in from time to time, but they are so poorly written that I only SAVE them for later. Life is just busy. The older the girls get the more difficult it becomes. They no longer stay where I put them. They run. They scream. They pull things out. They carry toys all over. They grab things from every reachable place. It is WILD and Oh so much fun. House for sale and busy girls! Cleaning, cleaning and yet it has been more than 30 days and NO ONE has even looked at our house. We are getting lazy. Well, not lazy like not doing anything, but lazy like NOT SHOW ready. We are cleaning out....we are ALWAYS cleaning out. We started this last year with Camp Curfman and I am amazed at how much we have done. We have done way more than I dreamed and yet not enough. We are working on not bring too much in and evaluating what we have. We have MUCH more room this way and yet there are many ways to improve. I have NOT had a single garage sale and DO NOT plan on having one. It all GOES AWAY! Hope's Closet knows me by name. I bring wonderful treasures to them if I can't think of a friend who could use them. I have given boxes of stuff for fund raising garage sales and left boxes all over town. It feels good to fill my suburban....yes, I DID say suburban. That is a COMPLETELY different post! I fill it and then empty it somewhere else! What relief! I am getting quicker at evaluating, although this always needs improvement!
Shockingly enough I got rid of over 50% of my scrapbooking stuff. I do it ALL online with the exception of various crafts. Books are the hardest. How do you part with those treasures. So hard! Paperbackswap! Whohoo! Although if I don't get a request for them soon, then they move on. I haven't taken any to the bookstores because I fear buying more. I just don't use the library like I should. With 2 little ones it becomes a FULL day event and I don't have many full days to give.
Right now I am focusing on re-sale shops. I've always loved them...something about the hunt, which is funny for me because I normally hate to shop! I enjoy the variety. We are going as often as we have time to maintain wardrobes and not go over our "20 limit". I can't seem to do the 9 to 12 outfits rule, but 20 is the goal as our limit on the 3 older kids. I do keep more for the little ones because it is relatively easy to go through 3 outfits a day for various reasons. We will count our outfits in August to see if we are sticking to it. Caleb has WAY too many shirts, but he is growing out of them really so we are keeping them FOR NOW. Caroline is the hard one. Growing and growing and yet modesty in our clothing market today is an issue. It is SO hard to find her anything! Colin gets hand me downs for a couple of friends and I honestly don't think I've bought him anything more than pjs in a long time.
Got to go work in a closet! Ta ta for now.
PS: late breaking news...we are now licensed for 6 in our home! Yep! Shocking, but we are! Thrilled, but not taking any placements right now!
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment