Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Heroes

"A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself." ~Joseph Campbell




 A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.
I think a Hero is rather ordinary, but they just won't give up.  I know so many heroes and yet they are NOT famous, probably never will be.  They aren't rich or highly educated from the most prestigious schools.  They are ordinary in the face of others, but they are heroes. Some home school, some don't, some work, some stay home, some have adopted, some have never had children.  Some have an awful past, some have made horrible choices.  God can use them all  AND HE DOES!  Think about it.  What heroes do you know? I won't list any here because many of them are my friends.  I am blessed!  I have incredible, loving, great friends who give out of the abundance and overflow of God's love in their lives.....rich, NO!  Their abundance is God's love! I want to give so much away that there is nothing left when I reach heaven.  I'm not close!  I am NOT talking about money....I am talking about life, and me and my family.  I want to give it all.  I want to do without sleep, I want to spend my moments giving.  I have not scratched the surface yet, but I am NOT giving up!  One friend at a time, one stranger at a time, one child at a time.  I can give more to them each and every day!  I can pray more often!  I can serve more often.  I can love more!  God is good! 

1 comment:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Thanks for not putting my name. That would have been embarressing!