"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."
Luke 9: 23-25
This bible verse is often quoted in reference to Jim Elliot the missionary who was killed in Ecuador by the very people he was serving. His wife continued working with those people. If you know nothing about me this is the one thing I hope you learn. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." I don't care if foster care is hard. I don't care what people say about my children, any of them (I WILL care if you say something to their face...foster mamalion WILL roar)....and if they are in my home they ARE MINE. I don't care what they've been through or what we need to go through because my God has called me to the task. Yes, I have heard the "stories" about your friends and your friend's friends and I know you are telling those stories to MY friends.....why I ask? Why do you attempt to scare them? Do you not realize that you may be the messenger of satan himself who does plan on trying to wreck these plans? Why would you do that? Think of your motivations to be the bearer of bad news before you do it. There are THOSE stories....but there are also far more stories of victory. Just look at my blog list....those are some parents faced with some tough stuff and God is victorious in their efforts. Someone has to be willing! It doesn't have to be YOU.....but it can be my friend or someone else or even your friend. Please pray for them and pray for you mouth and what you could be saying that is coming from the whispers of satan. Think about it! I know I have to think about what I say as well. May my lips always reflect the love of Christ! May yours do the same. I love you all!






No comments:
Post a Comment