Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

K and the future..

Sorry my last post appear very negative. I really didn't mean for it to be, but once I re-read it, well it was. I was just overwhelmed and thinking hard on areas that I was concerned about. The good news that things are going well with Baby K. Please continue to pray for her and for her mother. Her mother has not had a great childhood and the future is not too bright for her either. She is involved in church, but on what level other than just going? Does she even have the mental capabilities to understand that? At this point we are hopeful, but things can change on a dime and we are well aware of the risks both to our hearts and her future. March is the next hearing and we hope to have papers singed before then or termination will begin. We are for Open Adoption, but are not sure on terms just yet. Locke doesn't want more than pics and letters, but I want more for the mom even at my expense. My heart aches for her. We would only want visits for the first few years. After that I wouldn't want to confuse K. Pray for our decisions and for her mom as they approach her with her options. It will NOT go well and my heart does ache for her. I know she can't parent this child, but she is still a human being and I know this will hurt her beyond what I can comprehend.

1 comment:

The Cornett Family said...

Praying for this little guy...bless his heart.