Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wild Rides... who would have it any other way? I really should take up knitting.

Yea! We have rolled over from tummy to back... twice in front of the ECI evaluator! We were all there to watch and cheer him on. I think we scared him more than encouraged him. He has been working up to it, but had yet to complete the move! Yea Baby "A"!!

Well, it has been a whirlwind of activities during these past 2 weeks. Much we were expecting, but you just never know exactly how it will go until it is rolling right along. Today was exceptionally busy. Praise the Lord, I asked my mom to come over from Tyler. She was a big help. "A" was picked up by his CPS worker and taken to his "counseling" appointment which is more parenting than therapy. He went for 2 hours instead of 1. It also is usually on Weds, but was changed. I found this out at 9:10 when he hadn't been picked up. That is a whole other story. While he is gone, I get really busy and clean like a wild woman.... it never looks like it so don't bother coming over to look at my clean house. It's not. I just shuffle the chaos. This time I was able to scrub and soak some of his clothes after his various "blow outs". They happen in many different forms and happen often as well. Yesterday included 4 outfits before 10:00 a.m. I am really chasing rabbits today...."A" arrived back home at 11:30 and was raring to go. They had fed him 2 bottles and now he was ready for a nap and way off schedule. Not that I am rigid, but a frame of a schedule has helped him tremendously. We get him situated and down for a nap in time for Locke to come in, phone calls to begin and lunch to be prepared. Let me tell you my goal list for today while my mom was here was to simply 1. Find the 16 things needed to proceed with the 2nd lien on our house to pay for the foundation problems: 2. Organize a 30 min program for the Encore luncheon NEXT weekend.... I almost have this done, but "almost" is disaster in my opinion on things like this. 3. Have my van cleaned out... notice the HAVE IT DONE part. I have given up the notion that I can do it myself and even though the kids are fantastic at this, it needed major cleaning...as in Mr Spiffy, here I come. They do a great job for a great price and I am willing to pay it.
Okay, we're back....I have goals for the day, but I also have appointments. Did I mention the plumbers that arrived at 10:00 for about 2 hours to run a plumbing test to see if the foundation is from plumbing. I guess I failed to mention that. They just had the run of the house and the water and I ignored them unless called upon. It's NOT a plumblin problem... htat would be TOO easy and would mean that State Farm would pick up the bill. No such luck.

Okay... appointments: 1:00 ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) has scheduled time to evaluate A's progress. Yes, I know he just turned 5 months on Monday.... what does he need to be doing?.... well, running a marathon, tying his shoes and driving a car while texting. He's just not there yet. At the same time I have a foundation company coming (the 4th one, I might add, and they take around 2 hours to evaluate). I have to put both of them on hold several times and I am not on the phone with them. They were patient and kind. Both are gone in 2 hours and "A" had rolled over for Miss Becky, the ECI evaluator. Whew... I am worn out, but the kids want to get a snowcone and instead of my mom taking them she wants ME to go and take the van to be cleaned as well. You are KIDDING right? NO. Off we go... snowcones.... carwash.... 2nd Editions.... AND Mardel. Now, not only does "A" need another nap, but I do as well. Homeward bound... dinner in progress and here I am typing my memoirs to bore each of you while my timer is going off on my Chicken Pablano. I should take pictures like you SUPER MOMS with all the ingredients neatly laid out and then the lit candles with fine china. Okay, not going to happen. Sorry, Laura Cleveland! I wouldn't want to shock your "cleaning out" everything in site supermom self! ha! You know I am just kidding you!. You ARE a SuperMOM! Hey, by the way, we have another freezer now! Talk at ya later! Maybe... I'll start getting my coupons ready for the Saturday at Kroger event of the year where they double up to and including $1 coupons. Look out, I'm coming!

1 comment:

The Clevelands said...

#1 - you're not boring me with your memoirs! I rather enjoy reading them!

#2 - I may be in a cleaning frenzy (which is so unusual for me - ask anyone I've known for a long time, but I don't take pictures of my dinner!!

You are a busy woman!! You know if there's anything I can do to help you out, I'll do it! Looking forward to seeing you at ELO (you are doing ELO, right!?).