Sorry this one is so late getting posted. It started as an outline and then I added as time went on. Now it is at a place where I can publish it.
Disney: Words really cannot describe how wonderful it was. I recommend every couple to take a "no holes barred" vacation together on your own. Not a rushed one night out of town deal, but a 2 night, at the very least, vacation to some place fun. It was amazing! We ate when we wanted, went where we wanted, when we wanted and no on WHINED! We went to the Magic Kingdom the first day and did it all. We covered every inch, then took a boat to Wilderness Lodge just because we wanted to see it AND we wanted to find a LETTERBOX (we found 2 while we were there). It was beautiful, the lodge, not the letterbox! We would love to stay there someday. The pool was beautiful and the lodge was just like an enormous log cabin. The second day we went to Downtown Disney complete with The Rainforest cafe (Locke's first time). We then went to several resorts and enjoyed a wide variety of events throughout Disney. We would have never gotten away with this with kids.
The weather was perfect! The Gaylord was also an unbelievable place. An added bonus was that I got to meet one of the guys Locke got to know during training. He is from Alabama so he and Locke will not work together, but they plan on keeping in touch. His wife came in as well and they went to Disney world for the first time. She was born and raised in Ethiopia and only came to the states to go to college. She is a Physicist. She was so much fun. We really enjoyed getting to know them on the trip over and as we saw them once during the day. They were loads of fun and an adorable couple. We hope to see them again sometime. Maybe on our way to the beach this summer.
Side note: My knee healed up very quickly and I had barely any trouble with it while I was there. Praise the Lord! The trip was a great surprise that I can hardly even believe it happened after the year we have had. Isn't God great! Silver linings are everywhere,you just have to look for them.
Caroline singing unexpectantly in the Christmas program: What an amazing set of events. The program comprised of 4th, 5th and 6th graders got a late start, but our band of musicians determined to make it work anyway... Ginny De Boer, Brenda Waskoviac and Valerie Nation were up for the challenge. We cut much and then cut some more as time passed quickly. The week of the program kids were dropping left and right... sick, sick, sick. We quickly pulled nervous ones in their places. Lines were rehearsed and tears of fear were shed. On Sunday at 2:30 Jennifer Muirhead who had the flu called to let us know that Lauren definitely now has the flu complete with fever AND MORE. As Jennifer tells me I can hear her crying in the background begging her mom to let her go. My heart was so broken for her. At this point there is NO WAY to replace her solo in a mere few hours. I already have terrified children who got their parts on Weds. so making a phone call at this point just wasn't going to happen. I just determined I would sing it with a mic from the audience and hopefully no one who catch on. As I hung up with Ginny, Caroline approached me and said, "Mom, I have been at almost all of the practices and know every single song." I knew how desperately she wanted to be a part of this, but she is only in 3rd grade. She was right about knowing all of it. She practiced for hours at a time even knowing she wouldn't be up there with the group. I knew this, but iI asked her to sing the part right then and right there. She did and didn't miss a word. I couldn't have done that. I had too many little solos and lines in my head. I hesitated being the director, but I was out of options. I instantly put her in praying that I wouldn't get flak from anyone knowing she wasn't old enough or IN THE Play. She stood up there and sang every word flawlessly and then participated in every song as if she had been to every rehearsal. She did an outstanding job. Way to save the show girl. You are a true performer. Next year you will REALLY be in the show!
Our family picture with the 3 dogs: Okay, it was ambitious, but it just needed to be done. Locke is always insistent that ALL family members be in the pic. He doesn't like cards with just kids so even though I cringe at seeing myself, I go along with it. This year we just needed more.... One very obedient dog... Lily, one wild, thinks he is still a puppy even though he is 7... got to be in the middle of everything.... Magic, and one TRUE puppy who just wants to be the center of attention... Diamond. Locke set up the video camera and then the regualr camera with the timer on it. Diamond was posed and ready, Caleb had Magic on a tight leash and Lily posed just the way she was told. Colin was a jewel and never moved.... as soon as Locke pressed the timer and ran to get in, Diamond would turn to look at him..... EVERY TIME. We tried everything and 20 pictures later we had one that would work. I hope you enjoy them! Yes, I know they have red eye... I thought I corrected it, but alas Caleb looks demon possesed. Hum.... I forgot the mention that this occurred around 10:00 after Caleb's string concert while we were all decently dressed. Well, I am barefoot, but you can barely see that. We also didn't get very many on our budget so if you didn't get one... I am sorry. We gave out the long distance ones first and then just started randomly picking. I still about 8 left. Don't know what happened there. So now you know... THE REST OF THE STORY.
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment