Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Unbelievable!

Absolutely unbelievable! In fact I still don't believe it even though I booked the flight. I am actually going to Disney World with Locke.... alone for 2 days! I can barely even say it for fear that it won't be true. Locke will be at training in Orlando for 2 weeks staying in the Gaylord Hotel. Oh goodness, you should see the pics of this beautiful place. I could be happy just wandering around there for a day! They always have roommates during these training trips and we joked that if for some reason they didn't (wouldn't happen so we could safely joke) then I would try to come up for the weekend to go to Disney with Locke and no kids (of course, the reason without the kids is the cost.....). Well... no roommates! The weekend is free for him and the meals are paid for by the company. Shuttles take you everywhere so it was just my flight and 2 days tickets to Mickey's house... the greatest place on earth. I can truly say that having worked there! Hard to believe that I have only been back once since I worked there. Now we're going to celebrate our 18th anniversary like we've never celebrated before.



I do feel a little impulsive and frightened at spending the money after him being unemployed AND it's Christmas and.... well if you are reading this you probably know how frugal I am. I just have to say that it will probably never happen again quite like this and for this little money so I threw caution to the wind and booked a flight.... well, I pretty much had an anxiety attack trying to find the cheapest flight, etc. I just can't believe it! I'm so glad I'm working for the church and will be able to pay for it this way. What a blessing this is and isn't God good to put all these things together. Pinch me now! Becky will stay with the kids for some of the weekend and since she does voice lessons with me and I trade for babysitting this really works out. I will still owe her I am sure, but I will get a little break in the money arena, plus I don't have to worry about a thing with her in charge! My parents will take the 2nd half and I will return late Monday afternoon. Yippee! I feel like a little child! 2 whole days!!! These things just don't happen to me and I am fine with that. I am not high maintenance and don't have to go to Disney, etc, but WOW I am! What a joy! I'll have to borrow my child's digital camera she received from her grandparents for her birthday since ours only works when in the mood. Becky's mother Kim, is going to scream when she sees me because she was the one who said, "You have got to figure out a way to go while he's there." and I told her it was impossible and to just not put the idea in my head! Well, God is a giving God!



I should read over this for typos, but to be honest I am just too excited to do that right now. Happy Thanksgiving all!

2 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Go Kara, Go Kara! I am sooo jealous but know you will have a great time!

The Clevelands said...

That is so great how it all worked out. Have a great time!

P.S. I feel honored to be among the few, the proud, the . . oh yeah -that's the Marines!!