Up by 7 to 7:30 (yes, we sleep late)...both babies up and bathed. Both are wetting through PJs these day and we have even stopped drinks after dinner! Sigh....sheets have to be washed. After baths, it breakfast (seems backwards, I know) eggs scrambled and grapes cut, cereal out too. Oversaw morning chores, dogs out and fed, trash emptied, diapers re loaded, laundry separated and 1st load started. School begins at 8:30....math or Rod and Staff (this week we are timing our work to see where we are getting bogged down). 45 minutes a subject and then we evaluate. If you finish early then move to something that isn't finished or another subject. There is plenty to do!
Begin chopping onions, celery, bell pepper, etc for cooking group tonight. Yes, we are cooking on a Friday night. That is a first, but the time was right and so WE COOK. Starting to load my cooking bag. I LOVE my cooking group! I will post recipes for this cook soon. At 11:00 I ran to Dressing Gaudy until 11:30 to try and find something to wear to the CHS banquet tomorrow. They do not sell new bodies so nothing really appeals, but hey, I am the one who just keeps eating too much. No one to blame, but me! I did buy 2 outfits and will hope I like one! Ha! I DID try them on.
It's now 12:30 and the 3rd load is drying....most of the other 2 is put away....only MOST. Lunch has been served and it being cleaned up...well, at least I think it is, but there seems to be a lot of noise in the kitchen so I could be wrong! Lunch done....more school, more prep for cooking. I love smelling all the onions and peppers in the kitchen! Time goes by......now it's 10:30 and I cooked from 4 until 10. Got there early to set up and get rolling. Truly started at 5. I forgot my labels and had to go home, but I recruited Caroline. She helped a great deal and I was the first one finished. That made me nervous that I forgot something! Cook went well, I only had a few mistakes, but nothing too bad. I love those girls. It is nice to spend that many hours with such wonderful women who lift me up, make me laugh and support me. When you home school, it is not often that you spend time with other women by yourself. This is always a treat for me even though we are cooking and it IS busy and fast paced. We are all so different and yet so much alike. Yummy food is now freezing in my freezer!
Last night Colin lost a tooth at his baseball game. He ran while in the field to show his teammate....all the moms knew what had happened! His coach told him to put it is his pocket, so he did and left his hand on it so he wouldn't lose it! :) Not what the coach intended! Ah, the life of an 8 year old! Miss France has gained 2 new teeth. One on the bottom 2 weeks ago and the other bottom one 2 days ago. That is 6! She loves to smile big and show them! New hair today! She did pretty good! Yippee. It only took about an hour because it was in poofs and that was easy to comb out! Double yippee.
I know this is a weird post, but I wanted to post what this day held so I could look back over it and evaluate what I've done. I will add to it as I remember things. School went well! I think we will finish before June.....praying!
Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count – Just $5.99!
-
Do you need more supplies for summer baking and treats? These standard size
muffin papers are all made of food grade material. Use these baking cups
worry-...
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment