Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More Cookin 4 Some

More recipes from one of our members.  We have duplicated a Pineapple chicken so we'll make some changes.
Keep in mind we cook 6 meals each from 7 to 12ish on a Saturday at our church once about every 10 weeks.  All meals are made for 8. Find my post on how we do this!  It is an amazing thing for which I am grateful for.  These ladies are amazing women and a joy to cook with.  This group has dramatically changed my life!!  I don't have to worry about dinner!!!  I don't have to cook it for the most part because I've already done it!  Yippee!

*Remember these are already set for 4 families so if you are making them divide by 4 and you will get a meal that should feed 8.  I DO NOT have the instructions on these right now.  I will get back to this eventually.  If you really want one, please comment on it and this will motivate me to "get with it".

Pineapple Chicken/ Chicken Teriyaki
24 chicken breasts-raw
4 cans of chunk pineapple
12 cups of rice
5 bottles of teriyaki marinade
Crockpot on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 3.  This can vary with areas and crockpots.  If you do lots of crockpot cooking consider what you normally do for a "chicken" meal.

Taco Soup
4 lbs of hamburger meat-cooked
4 pkgs of ranch dressing dry mix
3 cans of corn
4 cans of sliced olives
4 cans of  diced tomatoes (28 oz)
4 cans of blacked -eyed peas
Crock pot on high for 2 hours or 4 on low.  This is a
"Dump recipe".  Keep the juices in.

Flank Steak
8 lbs of flank steak
4 C red wine or 1 Cup wine vinegar
2 C oil
2 C soy sauce
4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp powdered ginger
1 Tablespoon of black pepper
Flank steak is best eaten medium rare; well done will make it too tough. When done, remove from the grill and place on a cutting board. Cover with aluminum foil to hold in the heat and to keep the steak from drying out, and let rest for 10 minutes.  You can cook this with fresh veggies in a grill basket.

Chicken Enchiladas
24 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
8 (10oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
4 cans of (4oz) green chilies
8 C of sour cream (4-16 oz tubs)
4 C of shredded cheddar cheese
10 green onions chopped
40 flour tortillas
Make enchiladas and freeze. If you want sour cream.  Add it fresh.  Sour cream has a weird texture and taste when frozen.

Preheat over to 350.  Add a can of enchilada sauce over the top or any other sauce you prefer.  Sprinkle LOADS of cheese because I LIKE cheese.  Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes.

Some recipes were removed from this post. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever added the instructions on any of these recipes? I'm trying to do make ahead meals and would like to include these to my list.
Thank you,
Jackie

Foster Mamalion said...

Jackie
I DO apologize! I have great plans to get this all cleaned up and errors corrected and then....well NO excuse is a good excuse. Thank you for calling my attention to the ones you wanted so I can remedy it for you! I did remove a couple. They did not hit my cooking group's top list. I have flagged them to try them and see why. Enjoy! If you have any other questions please ask!