We have SO MUCH here in America! Baby things are "used" fast enough so why not knock the price off by buying used and/or trading with friends. Because of our Legacy Ministry I have people call all the time to donate items....nice beautiful items and I gladly take them, open up my storage building, suck out some more oxygen and stuff them in. Then I HUNT for foster/adoptive or any family with a need for something and I give, give, give. Need does not mean they show me their pay stubs and tell me how rough it is. I don't care what they make, nor do I want to know...whether lots or not...just that they need or WANT something that I can provide. It's a great position to be in. I love to GIVE! Now I do have to admit my guilty pleasure....buying baby things. Okay so I do buy some of these things, but I do buy them at garage sales of thrift shops...many of them new. I just can't resist! I just bought some adorable newborn baby boy items at Goodwill and had a foster family call to tell me of a young couple who had custody of their newborn nephew and had very little money being new in the ministry. I was thrilled to pack those things up for them. I knew they were put in front of me for a reason. I got the thrill of buying them and then passing them on to someone. I'll never see them again, but I know they are being used for a great purpose and a deserving little boy and family. I have been showered this way too!
We started foster care and didn't have a carseat....right before our first placement a friend shared hers with us. She has also given us lots of clothes that her little one has outgrown. Can you say double your pleasure? Another friend gave me more stuff than I could even fathom from her twin boys and little girl. I was shocked to see how full her garage was....double strollers, 2 baby beds, bouncers, clothes, shoes, toys galore. It was so much fun to pass on all of this. I had to move it quickly because I was out of room. Fortunately another new foster home was ready to prepare and I was ready to stock her baby room! Joy!
On our front, Miss France is crawling everywhere...the REAL way. It is so adorable because it is still kind of stiff like she does things....choppy little bursts as she shoots across the floor. She is pulling on Lilli's (our standard poodle) ears right now and laughing. Lilli doesn't ask like she even notices. Such a sweet dog. Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Haven't been moving around much since the surgery and pics are usually loaded on the other computer. I promise I get caught up.
Just a side note: This surgery stinks! I feel like I have been hit by a mack truck. I know what I was told, BUT I really expected to feel better than this. I am not in pain, I just can't do much. Bummer. I can't even ride in the car without getting dizzy and feeling like I actually powered the car myself with my own energy. Bummer again! It will get better.
I finished Miss France's stocking, have made some darling crocheted socks and now have started another stocking for....someone in the future I suppose. It is beautiful or will be when I finish it. Normally this would never happen so for that I am grateful. I just feel like a loafer and I don't like that. That's all the rambling for now! Merry Christmas! T
I finished Miss France's stocking, have made some darling crocheted socks and now have started another stocking for....someone in the future I suppose. It is beautiful or will be when I finish it. Normally this would never happen so for that I am grateful. I just feel like a loafer and I don't like that. That's all the rambling for now! Merry Christmas! T






3 comments:
Thank you for this post and your comment on my blog. I had no idea something like this existed. My husband and I are both blessed with good jobs, but I will become a SAHM once we start fostering/adopting. We are Dave Ramsey followers though so it pains me to spend money on new when used is just as good. That's why I was curious about possible consignment shops in the area, Goodwill, etc.
I am sure I will be talking to you more in the next few months. Right now, it's overwhelming, not even knowing where to start! I was told by someone at Buckner though that they would help us with a list of things that will be needed. A friend of mine has twin boys who are about to move to toddler beds and she said I could have one of their cribs that will convert to a toddler bed so that will be a great start for us.
Anyway, I apologize for getting long winded. We have a long way to go and are just beginning to scratch the surface, but we are so excited and just want the next year to hurry up! :)
Have a Merry Christmas and I am so sorry to hear that your recovery from surgery has been tough. I pray that you get to feeling beter soon.
Gina
How wonderful to get to share those things with those families!
And I hope you feel much better very soon!
Merry Christmas to you!
Kara....you guys are awesome! Such an encouragement in your honesty!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment