Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Monday, November 1, 2010

Adoption Day is fast approaching...

We are so thrilled to finally be to this point. It has been a long journey, full of tears, frustrations, true fear and heart wrenching events. God has always been in control, but the emotional roller coaster in our human-ness has been real! I still must refer to the verse that was given to me by a dear sweet friend. I didn't like the verse at all, but she insisted that as she studied the word, the verse was not meant for her, but for someone else....then came my unexpected tearful outburst and her dash to the car to get the card she had printed the verse on. I am looking at it sitting by my computer as we speak. "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14. I'm a fighter so this verse did NOT sit well with me, BUT God has been faithful and true and this verse has been there at every turn! He has fought and fought hard....and we have been the recipients of this precious baby girl. WOW, he is good! The trial was unbelievable and LONG and full of more drama than this drama girl could take, but she will become ours on Friday. Her mom will never be the same and we do hurt for her, but as I speak she is pregnant once again. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but I choose to pray...to pray for a little one to be healthy and protected during these next months. I also choose to focus on this precious little girl, our little girl and her new name as of Friday. She will never know what has happened since she has been in our arms since she was a month old. She will just enjoy the attention as her adoptive mother (me) cries and her siblings hug her and her daddy tries to balance all of it and all of us! Waterproof mascara... That must make my list. Any other suggestions for this day? Someone mentioned releasing balloons with a message inside. Not sure what to say in it. If you can join us we would love to fill up the courtroom at 9:00 Friday at the Gregg County Courthouse 307 which is on the 4th floor and then join us on the lawn for pictures and then off to First Presbyterian across the street for a National Adoption Day party. Everyone loves a party so come and join us!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww...tears, tears, tears! I am so beyond excited and relieved for you guys!! I am somehow not surprised by the pregnancy...sad, but oh, so common. We are going to try our best to be there..we are so not a morning person...but this is for something TRULY special!! My heart is jumping for joy!!

Mikki said...

The CB post is from me, Mikki! I guess it was under Christian.