Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Caroline

How could I possibly have an 11 year old daughter? I wasn't even supposed to have a girl. Locke's family is full of boys so I thought we would have 3 children and they would all be boys. That was fine. I was a little sad because I wanted to do the "girly thing"....then it happened. A girl! A real life, bouncing pink baby girl. What fun! We were shocked and thrilled all at once. Locke was beside himself and still is ....in so many ways. Having a fall baby is so much fun too. October has always been my favorite month and it is flying by I might add. There she was a week late as is Curfman baby fashion....all pink with pouty lips and not a stitch of hair. How can that be, a girl? Now she is 11 and I just can't quite comprehend it. She is such a delight. All girl and yet tomboy too, smart, funny, great giggle, sweet freckles kissed across her nose and cheeks, intuitive, helpful without being asked, creative, thoughtful, kind, shockingly graceful...I say this because she was a very uncoordinated young child; great dancer and singer and actress, artistic, athletic...the list goes on. She is all kinds of wonderful and we are blessed to have this angel in our lives. Happy Birthday Sweet Caroline (October 21st).

1 comment:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Happy (late) birthday Caroline! You are a joy to know! I miss taking you to swim. It was such fun to talk with you. You are a great role model for Abi and a great friend to Andrew. May you continue on the path that God has set for you!