Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

GREAT NEWS....even though that is by no means the final word.

Great News. Psych...stated that in NO WAY is it recommended to move a child at Baby K's age to another home if it can be helped. If her foster family wants to adopt her and these "family members" have never seen her then she should remain where she is. It would be too traumatic for her to move. We are thrilled. I took loads of research I had been doing on this topic to our caseworker just to reinforce that theory. Brain development is crucial during this time and for them to move around....it is damaging to the brain period, the end. Thrilled! We always seem to go 2 steps forward and 3 back and vice versa.....so I can't help but wonder what is next. Please, please pray for the upcoming termination trial! We feel like it will go smoothly, but you never know. Both parents must be terminated. The trial is July 26th and I will have to testify. Not happy about that because I can be rattled. Pray that I am calm and say what needs to be said. Pray for the parents as they go through this pain. We feel certain the mom will appeal, but those seldom go well for them. It just prolongs this journey for this precious little one and makes us bite our nails. God has her in his hand and we are still clinging to Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still. Go GOD, go!

1 comment:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

AWESOME!!!! Our God is so very Good!!!

You will do great because God is with you, even when you testify! Just think of it as a stage show at Disney and picture all the court room as different characters!