Blogger-120X120-Widget-2013

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Invasion...

Okay... they did warn us inthe training at Buckner taht we would be invaded, but WOW. I never imagined SO MUCH. Someone from CPS, Buckner or the state, or ECI is always here. I mean, literally. I have friends come over to drop by and they notice there is always someone here. I can never just hang out in my PJs. I can barely home-school my children. It is a BIG adjustment! We have always been an "open door" kind of family and open our home many times for our small group at church, or kid's friends or friend's kids, whichever the case may be.... neighbors, anyone on this side of town, BUT WOW! Appointments are never ending.... they did warn us. I just didn't get the full scope of it until now. I can't imagine having a school aged child. It must be twice as much. I have a friend from hs who has also become a faster family and they have a school aged child. I need to double my prayer time for them. They must be overwhelmed. I really need to put my kids in school so I can do my paperwork. HA! Not happening at this point. What do I always tell the kids in theatre.... be flexible. Well, we are putting that in place here. Adjust, re-arrange and hold on for the ride! It is truly a ride! A journey like no other. Ooops. dinner is burning.... I need a cook or at least I need to stop cooking. Well, that is for another budget.... mine is out the window. Who has time to plan... who has time to coupon? Who has time to shop? Back to dinner....

1 comment:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Girl, just read the Penny pile blog and she does your couponing for you. Cutting out coupons is art class for Colin! Hello!! And cooking? Just do what Abi says,"Are we eating out of the pot again?" LOL meaning the crock pot. I am gone once 3:00 hits so we have been doing quick meals or crock pot meals. It hasn't been to difficult yet. But you went and added a human being to the miss so...not really the same. Maybe we will see you at the church tomorrow!! :-)